what would happen If?

by sowhatnow 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i submitted a letter to the local k hall, explaining that I no longer believe my baptism as a jw is valid, based on my current bible knowlege

and I wish to be no longer considered a baptised [in this organization], Jw, but simply a christain who studies the bible.

and then would continue to attend meetings?

they couldnt prevent me, its open to the public.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

What is your reason for doing this? What is your desired end result?

• subytrek
    subytrek

They would ignore you and treat you as disfellowshipped since you disassociated yourself. They consider it the same thing.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They'd announce that you'd DA'd yourself and everyone would shun you. You going to meetings (why the hell would you do that?) would just cause them to feel like you're prideful and trying to draw away followers after yourself - aka textbook appostate (according to the WTS). So in short, you'd be shunned but still wasting your life sitting at cult meetings. The worst of both worlds.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just say nothing and fade.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

not going back to those weekly cuckoo conventions

but thought maybe I found a way out for a lot of people who are needing to stay

involved for sake of family

im not and never was missed. If I was df tomorrow the only person who would 'suffer' would be my mom.

I thought gee if your not baptised, your not under thier rules?

years ago I recall something about people wanting to get rebaptised weird but thought hmm I wonder.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This idea has been aired on here a number of times.

"subytrek" nailed it, you will be announced as DA'd, so if you want that to happen, then do it, but it makes no difference to anyone who is an active JW why or how you DA'd, you are dead to them.

The problem is that the Org writes the rules. They will say that any action of yours at any time in support of the Org shows that you considered your baptism to be valid, and so do they.

Even if, like me, you were pre-teen when dunked, so in no position then to enter in to any kind of contract and be held to it, they will say your later actions validated your baptism and membership of the Org.

They Gotcha.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

oh well, i guess ill just wait and see how things go by being oh so quiet.

of course that is up to my mom,

who was called kdka cathy when she was a teen. [kdka is a tv channel]

she talks too much.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They'd announce that you'd DA'd yourself and everyone would shun you.

Exactly right.

Doc

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Why would you still want to attend?

The question I have is this, is there any way you can legally claim your baptism was invalid if you were baptized at age 9?

That is the age I was baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit