Jehovah's Witnesses are a Hate group

by Watchtower-Free 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone

True enough.

• designs
    designs

What's funny and odd about our former religion is the idea of arguing with Jehovah about stopping Armageddon never comes up and yet arguing with God is one of the earliest stories taught in the Bible. Lot tries to argue with God over not destroying Sodom if he can find just a few good people.

How come JWs are never taught to argue with God over Armageddon, there's got to be ten good people around on any given day....

I think this acceptance of massive genocide sort of appeals to the JW on some twisted level.

It is a hate group.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Sad, but true. :(

• Simon
    Simon

If we say things then we need to be able to defend them. If someone says "really? how? who do they target and why?" then what is the explanation?

The reality is that they are not a hate group as most people would understand it. They have some hurtful practices that are worth highlighting but calling them a 'hate group' puts them alongsite the KKK and other fanatics.

Let me ask you: Who did you hate and target when you were a member of the hate group?

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Dear Simon,

Thanks for regulating the nuts among us.

GC

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Examples of Hate speech used by JW leaders directed toward those who

wake up from the cult also especially directed toward those who expose

critical info or ask questions and insist on cogent answers.

Haters of God
    Cook up wicked reasoning
    Season their brew with poisonous lies
    Deceive minds
    Partake of falsehoods at the table of demons
    Part of the seed of the serpent
    False to the truth
    Seek to draw away Christ’s disciples after themselves.
    They lie to authorities
    Slanderous
    Mentally diseased
    Infect others with their disloyal teachings
    Their aim is to manipulate your mind
    Apostates are part of the Anti-Christ
    Deceivers
    Apostates are unruly men
    Loathsome
    Odious
    Self-seeking heretics

"Haters of God and his people are to be hated, but this does not mean that we will take any opportunity of bringing physical hurt to them in a spirit of malice or spite, for both malice and spite belong to the Devil, whereas pure hatred does not. We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest. Surely any haters of God are not fit to live on his beautiful earth. The earth will be rid of the wicked and we shall not need to lift a finger to cause physical harm to come to them, for God will attend to that, but we must have a proper perspective of these enemies. His name signifies recompense to the enemies." Watchtower 1952 October 1 p.599

The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you" Watchtower 1992 July 15 pp.12-13 Christ Hated Lawlessness Do You?

"Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovahs organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah's feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they "feel a loathing" toward those who have made themselves God's enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance."Watchtower 1993 October 1 p.19

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/apostates.php

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

For me the definition of a 'hate group' in the traditional sense would be a group that either inspires or directly commands their members to do everything from creating disturbances to outright violence. Granted, the WTS encourages shunning of former members and even to 'loathe' them, but I have never heard of an instance where JWs caused a disturbance with apostate protesters, burned a cross on someone's lawn, or incited riots. You could get an ornery JW who might speak hateful thoughts about unbelievers, but when it comes to putting this into practice, JWs are generally peaceful people. The argument can be made that shunning is indeed hatred, and I would agree with that assessment. If only real hate groups such as religious extremists, nationalists, KKK, etc just shunned and ignored people that they hated, the world would be a much better place indeed.

• galaxie
    galaxie

The OP makes the connection with hate and shunning very clearly.

Who would argue that shunning loved ones or those that have a different opinion of belief is not a loving action?

They may argue that they are being loving thereby exalting the GB above their family or others , but imo that misguided reasoning is closer to being hateful.

I am on the receiving end of it.

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit