Anyone know "Diane Wilson" & WTRape?

by Tallyman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Hey, since you provided a $$Commercial$$ link...
    how about supplying us with "Diane Wilson's" personal Webpage,
    where she freely gives out some of her sage observations
    on the Watchtower, to help alert people about this most dangerous Kult. You know, a Public Service Type Website, which many of the
    people on the Internet think "really important" -
    the FREE Interchange of Ideas & Information

To the best of my knowledge, she doesn't give the fruits of her labour for free. She charges for them, which she is perfectly entitled to do. She is also entitled to ask you to stop plagiarising her work. She wrote it, she should get the credit for it, which is all she's asking for, although she's entitled to more.

--
    But if you pray all your sins are hooked upon the sky
    Pray and the heathen lie will disappear
    Prayers they hide the saddest view
    (Believing the strangest things, loving the alien)
    -- David Bowie, Loving The Alien

• Stacey
    Stacey

I agree w/Derrick. There's nothing wrong with her asking for credit where credit is due. She did tell you that you could use her words, as long as her name appears by them. If she wrote it, she definitely does deserve the credit for it. I dont think she was *threatening* you, but just letting you know that the words belong to her, and asking you to do the right thing. So you didn't know they were her words before... now you do.

Diane Wilson's book is excellent by the way. I would recommend it to anyone. It's more of a personal story than any other exjdub books I've read. And what's even more cool is that I went to the congregation that she writes about. So I can only guess which elder's she is talking about in the book as she relates her personal stories... pretty cool.

Have a nice day,
    Stacey

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Funkyman:

To the best of my knowledge, she doesn't give the fruits of her labour for free. She charges for them, which she is perfectly entitled to do.
    Still waiting for that link to "Sister Diane Wilson's" personal
    website where all the FREE TIDBITS of information are,
    to help warn others away from the Watchtowerkult she says she exited,
    since you gave the link to where you can $Buy$The$Book$

Hey Funkyman, do you think David Bowie gives the "give the fruits of his labour away for free. He charges for them, which He is perfectly entitled to do."

How many times now, have you RIPPED HIM OFF - HIS SONG LYRICS in your sig line? Did you get David Bowie's PERMISSION before you COPPED HIS WORK, HIS FRUIT OF HIS LABOURS??
    Do you sent him a ROYALTY CHECK every time you USE His INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY??
    How many TIMES have you RIPPED Bowie OFF, FunkyHypocriteman??

Someone might've learned something from those lyrics you "lifted"...
    or got some enjoyment out of them, or it elevated their mood, or something, but the point is, DID THAT PERSON, OR YOU - P A Y For The UnAuthorized USE of David Bowie's LYRICS??

HYPOCRITE!

Hey, next time you sing "Happy Birthday" to someone celebrating at a birthday party, be sure to send in a royalty payment to the AUTHOR of that COPYRIGHTED SONG. You are NOT allowed to FREELY SING IT, without permission, you know!

HYPOCRITE!

She is also entitled to ask you to stop plagiarising her work.
    You must not have a freekin' clue as to the meaning of the word,
    'plagiarize'
    Main Entry: pla·gia·rize
    Function: verb
    Etymology: plagiary
    Date: 1716
    : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
    : use (another's production) without crediting the source
    : to commit literary theft
    : present as new and original an idea or product derived
    from an existing source

So, how the hell do ANY of those meanings apply to me,
    and the webpage I had set up ... ?

She, "Diane Wilson", in her threatening email to me wasn't even able
    to SPELL the word, much less know the meaning of it...
    How in the world did she find a publisher???

She wrote it, she should get the credit for it, which is all she's asking for, although she's entitled to more.
    Oh, this is rich! Forget the first part of that sentence... Pulleeze tell me "what MORE is she "Diane Wilson" entitled?

I tell ya, some of these so-called EX-jehovah Witnesses are worse than the Dubbie Fanatix themselves. This chick is ALL about Making TOP DOLLAR. Whatever happened to that "serving your fellowman" and the "altruism" and the "humanitarianism" and the "self-sacrifice" that was supposed to be the main driving force behind being a jehovah Witness idea of a Christian - those things that are solid principles, but which the jWs managed to botch anyway?

Uh, oh, Funkyman, here comes your THEFT of a Famous Songwriter's lyrics again:

Ka-Ching!! Pay Up! Funkyman!

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Funkyman:

To the best of my knowledge, she doesn't give the fruits of her labour for free. She charges for them, which she is perfectly entitled to do.
    Well c'mon Funkyman.
    Where's one of your quick snappy replies??
    Hypocrite.
    Tell us why you think it's jake to RIP-OFF Famous Songwriter
    David Bowie's Lyrics and use this THEFT of HIS INTELLECTUAL Property.

HOW MANY Times have you "Lifted" Bowie's Lyrics?
    Hypocrite.
    Those Royalty Fees you owe him are adding up...

Did you get HIS permission to use his lyrics - these lyrics?

You're the one so hopped up on "He doesn't give the fruits of his labour for free. He charges for them, which He is perfectly entitled to do."

Why do you think you can FREELY EAT the FRUITS of David Bowie's LABOUR?... and then give HIS FRUIT AWAY to Others, so THEY CAN EAT The FRUITS of Bowie's Labour?

Nevermind getting Bowie's permission- how much $$$ have you sent to him for USING his FRUITS?

No, no, don't come back with the cop-out that you "credit" him,
    when you STEAL his Lyrics and post them here again and again:

That don't cut it.

You think Radio Stations can play his songs, and just as long as they attribute the song to "David Bowie", that negates their LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY for having to pay a Royalty Fee to David Bowie's Record Company?

Hypocrite.

FunkyDerek, Hypocrite.

Hey Funkyman, have you ever noticed how when people are exposed
    as Hypocrites, they tend to go mute?

Huuuuuuuuh?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Tallyman, relax. The reason I didn't respond immediately was because you posted at 5 in the morning, and I don't spend my entire life at this site.
    There is a difference between quoting four lines of a song crediting the composer in a post on a message board and posting an entire article on a website without crediting the author.
    Copyright law normally has a "fair use" clause. Posting a few lines of a song on a message board that doesn't show up in web searches would normally fall under this category. Reprinting an article without permission, and without crediting the author most certainly does not. Perhaps Diane Wilson would be a better person if she worked for free without expecting any credit, but she is still entitled to be credited for her work. I don't see why you have such a problem doing that.

--

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tallyman,

There have been at least four threads posted here in the last year or less that discussed Diane Wilson's new book, "Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness: Escape From the Watchtower Society," but it is indeed possible that you missed those threads or did not remember them.

You could have gone to AMazon.com and done a search for authors named "Wilson, Diane" and confirmed that she is real and that she has a real book.

You are not disputing Diane's claim that you used material that you knew YOU did not write. OKAY - it was anonymous at the time you received it, but did you think that the material you were using just wrote itself?

All Diane is asking for is CREDIT for her work.

What's the problem? If you don't want to give credit, take down the work; don't display it.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

IF it did come from Randy's site, and its still there, just post a link. Otherwise, there is a rape thread on here by 'gsark', you can use that one. I am gsark. That is an original work by me, I did all the research myself (someone had to read the 'Aid' book to me over the phone is all)it is the most accurate one I have found on the internet so far.

I know Kent and Randy takt stuff off this page all the time, I think you just have to say where it came from, or if you don't know just say that too.

Tally, keep up the good work

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Kent's site has them up and so do the 'quotes' site...except for the 1998 which everyone leaves off for some reason. It's important becasue just yesterday someone referred to this doctrine the PAST TENSE...this policy is STILL IN EFFECT and now approaching it's 40th year at least.
    and also here...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=9031&site=3

WT 1-15-64 scream
    WT 6-1-68 scream
    Aid to Bible Understanding, 1969, 1971 don't scream
    Awake! 3-8-74 scream
    Awake! 7-8-80 don't scream
    WT 10-15-80 scream
    WT 3-15-83 don't scream
    Awake! 2-22-84 scream
    Awake! 6-8-84 don't scream and scream
    Awake! 5-22-86 scream
    Insight on the Scriptures, 1988 don't scream
    Awake! 3-8-93 don't scream
    WT 12/15/98 scream

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Tallyman,

Has anyone ever told you that you're one excitable fellow?

Her email did sound "strongly worded", but her lawyer probably told her that polite requests usually are ignored.

If she did write the article, go ahead and give her credit. It's the law, and it's the right thing to do.

If you are really that upset at her "shilling" for her book, then I suppose you could list her as the author, and the Freeminds article as the source... but that would seem a bit petty, IMHO.

Hmmm

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Hmmmm:

Tallyman,
    Has anyone ever told you that you're one excitable fellow?

Oh yeah, Hmmmm... that I'm an exciting fellow to be around?
    Yeah, I get that all the time.

Her email did sound "strongly worded", but her lawyer probably told her that polite requests usually are ignored.

Wonder why her LAWYER didn't write me? Sheesh!
    "strongly worded" is too polite.
    She came across as Demanding, Hard-Assed, Threatening, Commanding Sack of Crap! I don't take well to THREATS... from Strangers.
    Anyone,
    with an ounce of class would have waded into a situation like this,
    where I'd had a webpage up for 3 years, and never an objection,
    credited an anonymous source... and she would have tried to
    "feel things out" and tried to understand what was going on,
    BEFORE she GOT ALL HOSTILE and COMMANDED and DEMANDED.

She ain't no better than a Fanatic jehovah Witness in my book,
    and she can take HER book and shove it!

If she did write the article, go ahead and give her credit.

If, If, If I care... which I don't.
    I give her nothing!
    I revised the page.
    That's what I give her. Some exposure.

If she'd have shown ANY courtesy, I might have kept the page up
    and given her credit... but I STILL wouldn't have SHILLED
    for her book!
    What gall that gal got!

* http://www.intrex.net/talley/WTRape.html

It's the law, and it's the right thing to do.

What? are YOU a lawyer, too?

The "right thing to do" if you're an EX-jW, is to Help Others,
    in the Kult, to help them out of the Kult, and to warn others
    away FROM the Kult.

If she's got anything helpful in her book, in that regard,
    maybe SHE'LL "do the right thing" and FREELY and GENEROUSLY
    help others.

Did she CHARGE for her services when she was a jW?
    Question is, is a person going to help people or not?
    Here's a "compromise".
    Print her book. Sell it in stores. But ALSO, put up an Online Version
    of the book, for FREE, for as many as possible to see it, read it,
    and be helped.

Where is that Spirit of Helping Others, that even the Counterfeit Christian jWs Claim to Have, in Diane Wilson?

If you are really that upset at her "shilling" for her book, then I suppose you could list her as the author, and the Freeminds article as the source... but that would seem a bit petty, IMHO.
    Hmmm
    No.
    Read the link above.
    She wanted - COMMANDED me - gave me an Ultimatum - to Shill FOR HER.
    Not a chance in hell was I going to do that.

If people want the benefit of that particular information on
    how women should react to rape, according to the Watchtowerkult,
    they are NOW going to have to PAY Diane Wilson for the information.

After all, THAT is the Most Important Thing in this life - Making Top Dollar and Empowering Yourself and Being a SUCKCESSPOOL.

Ppphhhpthhhtttttt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit