the Wt Study last Weekend

by thedog1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• thedog1
    thedog1

I wasn't at the study at the weekend, the reason was family health problems, but even if that had not been the case I wouldn't have been there. Has anybody else who was there or read the article noticed the unbelievable begging bowl being produced for the pioneers and COs and Bethelites, etc? Maybe this has been commented on already but in effect Witnesses are being asked to financially support, not only pioneers, but circuit overseers if they need medical help, and to fill in with dealing with aged parents if missionaries are abroad. I mean, ok, if you are a witness and you want to pioneer, go ahead if that makes you happy, but don't expect others to pick up the tab! My own experience over many years with pioneers is that there were some very nice ones, but a large proportion believed that the world owed them a living and they were, not to put too fine a point on it, spongers.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE

GIVE EVEN MORE

GIVE UNTIL IT HURTS

DID YOU REMEBER TO GIVE?

GOD NEEDS YOUR MONEY.

TAKE NOTE OF THE CLIP AT 0:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo

Doc

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What ever happened to "each one will carry his own load"?

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Ha ha. I loved it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Those who enter the full-time ministry do so, not to gain financially, but to give—to Jehovah and to others. - w2014, 9/15, p. 32, para. 21

So why don't the GB members "give" the money they control to others?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Did anyone notice that they never said ANYTHING about CO's needing to get a friggin job like Paul?!?! They had some mention SOME people needing to work, but NOT THE CO!!

DD

• hoser
    hoser

The watchtower needs to pay its employees better then they won't have to ask us to give them tips.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Others who serve in foreign lands are assigned to serve at a branch office or to assist with the construction of branch facilities, remote translation offices, Assembly Halls, or Kingdom Halls. Meals, modest housing, and other services are provided. - w2014, 9/15, p. 32, para. 18

Do you mean like THIS "modest housing" in Wales purchased for £1,000,000 for "remote translation"?

It's very modest, isn't it!

More lies brought to you by the WTBTS!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Modest enough for me.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I started a thread about it about 2 weeks ago, it definitely hit both points that the cult loves to make when it comes to none:

1. Donate to support the work of those who are more dedicated than you (conveniently this is always going on somewhere else)

2. When your family members or those in your congregation have given everything they have to give to us, they're your responsibility, not ours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit