What do you have to be thankful for?

by NewYork44M 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Given the recent holiday, I can't help but reflect that this has been a very good year and my life is pretty damn good. There was a lot of hard work, but I get a sense that I am finally reaping the benefits of years of effort.

What do you have to be thankful for and has 2014 been a good year?

• greengirl8
    greengirl8

Many things.

Definitely thankful that I escaped from the WTS and my first marriage - If I hadn't I really don't think I would have survived.

Thankful that I have everything that I need in terms of food and shelter.

Thankful that I have work that I love.

Thankful that my elderly mother and aunt are still here after being in and out of the hospital all year, and they are currently doing well.

Most of all thankful for my wonderful husband, who loves me no matter what, and I love him too with all my heart.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The catch cry in the early 70`s was " Stay Alive Till `75" Well I`m 75 and I`m bloody thankfull for that.

Apart from being in the religion for 33 years , which wasnt all bad as it turned out , we moved around a helluva lot because of the religions beleif that the big A was just around the corner , we took many risks and enjoyed many experiences because of it. My first real job apart from being a paperboy at 13 , was to be an apprenticed leatherworker for 12 years , towards the end of which I became a witness. Thats when I got the gypsy bug to keep moving and trying something different and going to different congregations.

Jobs between my first and last employment: Chemical mixing at both Kodak & Pacific Films , Bitumen & roadwork Base testing on highways, Seed picking for a forestry , working at a Reptile and native animal park , one of my most fondest memories , working at a co-op in a fishing village , pecks paste. And as a laboratory technician in an oil company .

Which led me into my final place of employment at another oil company that I stayed for 28 years , and thankfully had a superannuation scheme that I joined, otherwise I wouldnt have the home I have today in retirement.

Do I , or my wife , have any freinds or contacts with any of the brothers and sisters from any of these 7 or so congregations ? No .

Do I miss that ? In a way I do , we did have some good times . The fact that we dont, I guess its their choice , and all I can say is , its their loss., not mine

Last but not least is this site , thank you one and all for providing it

.Sorry if its long but you did ask what do you have to be thankfull for

smiddy

• Divergent
    Divergent

Learning TTATT at a young age instead of decades later in the future!

• happy@last
    happy@last

This has been a bad year in many ways, my dad's girlfriend died suddenly, my best friends mum died of cancer, and a member of my staff died from cancer also. My JW family have begun shunning me, I am dead to them.

However I have been lucky enough to find and receive real love from friends, I have 2 healthy children who are slowly coming out of JWisms despite them living most of the time with their JW mum and I have a place to truly call home. I started a new side to my business which I am enjoying and am putting together plans to help as many people as I can who have been shackled to a cult.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

that i can get out of bed and eat the cereal i love in morning

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thank you for your comments. Getting to the point of where I am in my life took years. But not that I am here in freedom I am enjoying every minute. While I love to complain, the fact is that I am happy with 2014. It was a very good year.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Quite a bit, in fact.

When I'm depressed, it's hard to see.

But in a twist of attitude, I realize I'm here.

I can make an impact. I can learn. I can love.

And not spend one more wasted minute pursuing anything that goes against my better judgment.

Thanks for the reminder,

Phae

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit