Just when you think you're past it all...

by Phaedra 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

YOU"RE NOW the "unbelieving mate" who is now pursuing your degree just before your mid-life crisis hits because until you woke up to the TATT, you bought into the whole "You'll never grow older in this system of things..."

You're watching your parents grow old fully-invested...

Your spouse still invested because "there is no better alternative...."

Your in-laws still won't come over tomorrow (thanksgiviing day) to eat turkey because it might just look like...

Just when you think you're past it all and you feel that little bit of JW that is still there at your core eventhough you think you're beyond JWism....

And you remember and empathize and love your loved ones just a little bit more... because as of yet, they cannot find it in them to distance themselves from somethign you found limiting, closing, dark, and oppressive.

May they all find their freedom one day. Until then, by myself I hope. In isolation and lonliness, I hope that they willl someday find freedom, for as loneley as it is...

May they find freedom from the oppression of their authentic selves.

Thankful four...

Phae

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When loved ones mistreat us its very hard. I feel for you. Keep loving them because reason isn't what they are after. Only love for someone else will break through because only then will what you say crack the facade of the old NY gangsters. If it even will, still up to them. Enjoy your dinner and Happy New Year, Birthday and Good Luck! There I said it, lol.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

I do love them, Wasanelder, and hope that someday they might be "free".

Thanks for your thoughts.

Phae

• MissFit
    MissFit

Oh phae That was beautiful. I am sorry the hurt is still there , but obviously so is the love. You are not alone. Many here understand and can feel your pain.

Your understanding will get you through. Don't lose hope , your family may still break free.

Sending you positive thoughts...Miss.Fit

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It's extremely sad to realize that my parents most likely will spend the rest of their lives in the organization.

I just try to interact with their authentic personalities as much as possible. I've been fairly successful with that recently.

But, when their cult personalities rear their ugly heads, I say goodbye until another day.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's extremely sad to realize that my parents most likely will spend the rest of their lives in the organization.

I disagree with that.

My parents were in their 80s when I came to know TTATT.

They were better off to continue on with their friends and in their routine than to go through the nightmare that i have experienced.

Doc

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Oh, I agree with that Doc. I guess to be more clear I should say that I'm sad that they are too old to ever make leaving really practicible.

If I could have helped them get out, even in their 50s, it may have been possible. But, they're in their 60s and retired now. How could they start their life all over? Now that it's winding down...

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

((((Phae)))) we've missed you! And while I can relate to your sense of isolation (also living with a dear family member who is fully invested), please remember that we are here for you and love you. Sending lots of positive energy your way on this thankful day.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

All, thanks for your comments.

cBg! Missed you, too.

End of the year holidays always get to me.

Estranged family, even more distanced for living their lives according to the mandates of a few men who get to decide what's important in this high-control relgion. Auxilary pioneering in their 70's, being used up by an organization who only gives back empty promises of living forever in paradise on earth.

Arg!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Phae

P.S. Missfit, it was one of those run-on poetic things I had to let out (o lord, could I have used spelling check!) I don't write much anymore, but maybe I should take up journaling again!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Wasanelder Once said: "Only love for someone else will break through because only then will what you say crack the facade of the old NY gangsters."

One of the Alzheimer's Society social workers I spoke to about my Dad told me the exact same thing about dementia. She said 'Love transcends the dementia barrier.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit