Hiya BigMac! I'm an old broad.

• bigmac
    bigmac

mebbe we should get together

cant remember what for though

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

this is such a cute thread! :D

I suddenly wish I was an old fart who liked coffee and was ready for a trip!! :P

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Define "old"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Old age starts when you ....................... ", subject for new thread ?

I wish I could do a road trip and meet all you good folks of JWN on the way, and share a beer, ah, maybe one day.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

old age starts when you can't remember why you went into the kitchen, until you back-track your steps to the living room. Then you suddenly remember and head back to the kitchen, but can't remember by the time you get there.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thanks, then I'm not old

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

The eHarmony guy is super creepy. I get a lot of exercise because of my little senior moments. My larger pantry is in my basement and I can't tell you how many times I go boppin down there to get something, forget what I went down for, then immediately remember it when I go back upstairs. So...another trip down and back up the stairs.

• Terry
    Terry

This is why I gave up the idea of ever having a relationship (or even dating); I can't abide "spiritual" conversation, and

I can't pretend to go along.

The only people who can begin to understand how I tick are EX-JW's, (or former cult members).

Superstitious people, Astrology buffs, food faddists, sports junkies--i.e. any kind of fanatics make life impossible (for me).

To be truly KNOWN and to truly know is the only reason for a relationship in my estimation.

Idol chat, small talk, jawboning, etc. eventually falls away and you are left with the essential character and intellect of a person.

When I was going through my post-JW identity crisis I once attended a Unitarian Church and soon discovered it was like Seinfeld, "about nothing."

I don't like going to meetings. I don't like sitting quietly while somebody tells me things I can find out for myself.

You can see how quickly it would appear I'm a curmudgeon.

BUT, I'M NOT. I'm funloving, interesting, witty and great company. However . . . I guess I'm really a tough nut to crack.

Hortensia, I would suggest you go on PLENTY OF FISH (a free site) and lay it all out PRECISELY the way you are and the way you feel.

Serial date about a dozen people whom you have quickly culled by the vibes you get from--not phone calls or text messages--from one on one

meetings to determine your chemistry.

It is 99% chemistry, sigh and alas!

• bigmac
    bigmac

yep--i'm on plenty of fish---same username as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit