Two pet peeves of mine

by Sour Grapes 20 Replies latest jw friends

• silent
    silent

And don't forget the complimentary hill or mountain. It seems after armageddon, we are all going to live in Colorado.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

One question I have NEVER heard adequately answered: WHERE are all the factories for making clothing? Where are the plumbers? Electricians? Construction workers? No, it's ALWAYS a picture of very average, non-descript JWs eating fruit while tigers and lambs loll in the meadow nearby. Hard to believe there are grown people who actually fall for these fairy tales. My view is, if they are that gullible and unquestioning, then they deserve to be the pitiful pawns of a manipulative cult.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I thought we were all going to be naked in the new system?? Like pre-Adam and Eve.

There was an elder in my ex-KH that quite relished that ides. Pervert.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

And don't forget the incongruous waterfall in every picture of the watchtower paradise to come.

• happy@last
    happy@last

And why have bowls of fruit as if bought from the local store? Can't you just pick your own and eat when you are hungry?

Guess what?!? I have taken to wearing headbands now, lol, and I love them! Bwhahahaha!!

So long as they are not red, they are the worst kind

• dugout
    dugout

you notice too, how their pictures on the study articles always show these prestine beutiful clean areas in fieldservice? Truly a misrepresentation of what really is. I know my territory dont look like this. And where I came from low income projects. So they dont work the slum areas, or low income areas? Something is strange with this. Man how they play with peoples minds

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My pet peeves:

When I was younger, the so-bland appearance of supposedly "approved" young people (as presented in WT pubs)...

...and the headbands worn by "rebels".

EDIT: Also, how people were portrayed so unrealistically in modern-day dramas (but I attribute that to being a movie geek who'd seen far better performances).

• blondie
    blondie

Heard from commenters at meetings:

The magazine says

The paragraph says

The slave says

The governing body says

The organization says

ALMOST NEVER

The bible says

The scripture says

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

my pet peeve was when I was in my apostacy mode and I purposly did not want to sing the song look up scriptures etc the folks sitting next to you would stretch over to make you "share" theirs.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

An Elder once told me that in order to be able to adjust the mikes on the stage I had to wear a suit. I would often wear blazers since suits were expensive and my family was kind of tight on funds and I could only afford blazers at the time.

This religion is and always has been obsessed with clothes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit