I need a good cry but I can't. Please help?

by ohnightdivine 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yes, talk to your doctor and get some meds. Exercise outside in the sunshine every day, it makes a difference. When you are that depressed, it's very hard to help yourself, but it can be done. I used to make little bargains with myself: "I can be as miserable as possible, go to bed and hide, right after I do some exercise."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I don't think that I have ever been able to really let out my emotions and feelings from being raised in the org!

I worry that one day Im going to burst.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Id say thats anger overtaking sadness.

maybe you really dont have to cry, maybe you need to sit down and make a list of what you feel you need to change in order to find comfort and normalness in your life, and hey let us know. maybe we can help you out. writing is my therapy.

I read a really good book about five years ago called Deadly Emotions, by don colbert.

it might help you . it did me. i got mine used off amazon for cheap. please get it.

Id say like many of us we dont know where to go fom here, how to we reorganize our life when we are limited to our current situation.

I dont know, it almost seems like we need some sort of resort or vacation cabin to go to, to meet new freinds,

to have a chance to find a new place to start. like all those romance chick flicks where the girl or guy sells the house and moves to a small town and meets mr or mrs right, and they all live happily ever after. lol. hey anything is possible riight?

anyone own a hotel or apt complex? lol, you can start a life rehab mission. 'change one life at a time for the good of mankind'

maybe some of us who have larger homes with spare bedrooms or vacant rentals , can offer others a place to stay and relocate?

help others start over fresh.

something to think about. Id do it in a heartbeat If my husband was willing, i have a huge empty upstairs [that my husband now sleeps in all alone].

there are lots of jobs around here in nw pa where i live especally if your into medical, elder care or the gas drilling industry.

but hes a hermit and would never want a stranger in his house.

I wish i could help so many.

hugs

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Thanks a lot, everyone, for all your words.

I haven't tried most of the things you mentioned except for watching some soapy commercials.

Together with this numbness I sort of just keep hiding myself after work, unable to help myself or cheer myself up, when during the whole day I move at a very active pace, helping out people at work. Recently, I started to console myself by saying that work is therapy. But everything seems to have drained my "emotional bank".

How I wish one of you here lived nearby! It's hard to live like a lady alone in an island.

• kairos
    kairos

A DF'd relative just shared this short mantra/affirmation:

I love you

I'm sorry

Please forgive me

Thank you

_

Said to who/whatever you need it to be, aloud or in your mind/heart.

Calming and refreshing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Watch The Iron Giant.

x

If you don't at least have a lump in your throat by the end, there's something severely f**ked up about you.

• talesin
    talesin

Vidiot - I wish you were my friend. :))

I love that movie! xoxo

tal

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

talesin - "I wish you were my friend. :))"

You mean you're not???

• talesin
    talesin

You mean you're not???

Of course I am, I just mean *in person*!

t

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Please find a way to get a few days off work. You really need the time to rest your body and your mind. You might be able to cry if you are able to stop putting on that happy work face for everyone and get back in touch with your own feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit