11/30/2014 WT Study - take care of those who are all used up.

by OneEyedJoe 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Was bored during today's indoctrination lesson, and you guys weren't generating enough content to keep me entertained, so I looked agreed at next week's a bit. Basically the point of the hour lesson is that once the society has completely used someone up, they're to be dumped on next of kin (or anyone who'll take 'em) to take care of 'em. Obviously the WTS can't dip into any of the millions/billions that they're sitting on to pay for the support of ailing missionaries - they've got that money earmarked for new cult compounds and paying off victims of the pedophiles that they've protected over the years.

Just another in a recent string of articles paying lip service to taking care of those that have given their life to the cult while they do absolutely nothing from their ivory towers. This time, though, they didn't miss a chance to make the r/f feel guilty for not doing enough for the cult.

Absolutely disgraceful.

• hoser
    hoser

They're a corporation. Thats what corporations do. Use up people.

• steve2
    steve2

The task of awakening from the delusion would be so much harder were the organization committed to looking after and caring for its hardest workers. The organization's gift is to lay bare its hypocritical heart to awaken even those in deepest slumber. To fail to wake up says more about the individual's failure of courage than about the organization's lack of care and love for the blatancy of its hypocrisy is writ too large not to see.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Have you ever wondered why the WTBTS loves to quote the book of the Bible book of JAMES about 'faith without works is dead' , but rarely mention the James 1:27, "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation..............."

Does the WTBTS have an'orphan and widow fund"? No! so is their worship clean and undefiled from God's standpoint? No!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Rank and file bethel workers who can't perform are given the bums rush. How do expect joe unwashed publisher to fare? You can bet your bottom dollar, that when tight pants tony starts crapping his depends, some lucky sisters will be on 24 hour ass wipe duty.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And how are they to take care of those who are used up? There are endless donation expenses, Grand Boasting Session expenses, and field circus expenses. They want people to cut back on work to pious-sneer. And now, this spring, they want people from America (Canada included) to waste the equivalent of a whole monster box of silver to go to Israel for 2 weeks to do short missionary work there (I suppose so they can connect with the rabbis in ultra-orthodox areas so they can use black magick on the whole human race--this mission should be viewed as a terror attack on the whole human race).

Now, if they can waste a whole monster box of silver on something that amounts to a terror attack on the whole human race and is the ultimate in stupidity, why couldn't they buy the silver, put it away for when the dollar becomes toilet paper (I suspect that will be around the same time the mission is scheduled to happen), and then use it to take care of themselves and those who are used up instead. To add to that stack, quit donating anything to the washtowel. Also, cut back on field circus (perhaps work for pay, if need be), and skip any Grand Boasting Sessions that require unreasonable expenses. Put this money into silver. Then, maybe, you will have something to help take care of those who are used up with.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"They're a corporation. Thats what corporations do. Use up people"

Working for a corporation is completely voluntary, and quite often employees get paid very well. It's a two way street. It's a free country, so to speak; you can always quit before they use you up. Go to a sole proprietorship or a "mom and pap" business, or even better start your own business if you want to diminish the power of corporations. In other words, if you don't like something, fix it to your liking by doing something about it.

Sorry for the digression, but I can't let generalizations and "the powerful are evil" type of statements go unchallenged.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

And to echo never a jws thoughts, there is a very direct and implied correleation between oroductivity and worth to a corporation when one agrees to work there... You work x hours for y compensation. Often medical and retirment are included. When your employment ends you have whatever money you made plus whatever retirment you acrue. With the org your compensation is more work and your retirment is a oromise never fullfilled. Its very very different.

• piztjw
    piztjw

I noticed the same thing. Do more! Pawn off your elderly parents on the congregation or whomever, just don't quit door knowcking!

Yet the WT said this not too long ago:

*** w08 8/15 p. 18 Jehovah Tenderly Cares for His Elderly Servants ***

Show Tender Regard in Practical Ways

7 God gives the families of older ones theprimary responsibility to provide for them. (Read 1 Timothy 5:4, 8.) Jehovah is pleased when families fulfill their obligation toward elderly relatives and thus show that they care about older ones as he himself does. God supports these families and blesses them for their efforts and for all their sacrifices.

Isn't it strange that now the WT says, "Bear in mind that full-time servants have significant responsibilities in the most important work the world has ever known. Could you or your congregation lend a hand if the parents of full-time servants need help?

So while GOD gave the family the responsibility for their elderly parents, the GB has set themselves in effect higher than God himself by sayiing that elderly, likely frail ones, are the responsilbility of the congregation. That makes my blood boil, as my still in elderly parents, who have devoted their entire adult lives to the WT are now totally ignored by everyone in their congregation because they have slowed down physically, and are beginning to show the mental effects of aging. Of course I am not a pious sneer, so that probably explains why my parents must suffer at the hands of those "loving" JW's!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Bumping for today's indoctrination session.

Even before getting to the but where they pass on the used up pioneers to their children or congregation, they jump right in by basically saying that if you're not traveling all over to preach, you need to pay for the one that do. Of course most of the money is in the developed countries, while most of the missionaries go elsewhere. His can we support them then? The only logical conclusion is to donate to the WWW slush fund.

Also, this article clearly debunks their"no paid clergy" claims. Sure, they're poorly paid until they get to the to of the pyramid, but paid nonetheless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit