We're not dealing with sincere anointed who genuinely believe their teachings but scam artists

by truthseeker 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

truthseeker - "We're not dealing with sincere anointed who genuinely believe their teachings but scam artists."

Yes, they've seen behind the curtain. They live behind the curtain.

At the same time, though, so many of their decisions (particularly the poor ones) suggest that they really do believe what they say. And as I've said before, that's an easy habit to fall into when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you (the Bush II administration comes to mind).

Virtually all the anecdotal evidence we've heard supports this, as well.

x

That being said, they still live behind the curtain (although less and less, these days, it seems).

x

I couldn't get that contradiction out of my head for the longest time, until I finally had to conclude that they know it's wrong, but believe it's true at the same time...

a) perhaps in the hope that believing hard enough will make it true, regardless of how wrong it actually is....

...and/or...

b) authoritarian leaders don't experience cognitive dissonance the way regular people do, so the disparity doesn't cause emotional discomfort.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think this is an interesting subject, but ultimately one that we can only speculate on, not come to any sure conclusion.

My take on it is that the Governing Body may still "believe" in some sense, but they are still have "deceit in their mouths" (thanks for that excellent scripture Ann !), and so are not what they claim to be.

If you doubt that they have deceit in their mouths then you must be very naive, just look at, or listen to what they say.

Behind the Seven Saps are an unidentified group of advisors who actually run the show, these guys may contain some who believe in some measure that they are doing god's will, but I am personally convinced that most of them do not, and some are Atheists.

All of them get a good secure income that gives them a great life style, so they are interested in keeping the JW Org Scam going.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

it's almost impossible for any person of conscience who originated such doctrine to do a complete u-turn and change it and still believe it when the passage of time has proved beyond doubt that doctrine is no longer credible.

"Often the less there is to justify a traditional custom, the harder it is to get rid of it." -- Mark Twain

Apog: I've generally leaned toward the school of thought that the leadership is sincere...Instead of admitting "We don't know how long a generation is", they've come up with a new definition of "generation" which strains logic in order to explain why we're all still here in 2014.

Interestingly, though, they did admit indirectly in 1995 that they didn't know the length of the "generation" when they defined it as basically an "era... But they were almost humble there!... on this one issue... for a period of 15 years.

Not only a major contradiction, but being "almost humble" is like being "almost pregnant". Either you are or you aren't.

If the definition of "generation" became a fuzzy concept WT sure wasn't letting on (despite the alleged 'sincere' re-thinking of the matter). WT has continued its relentless mantra that Armageddon is coming anyday now. In fact, at the last DC I attended (2011) the Bethel speaker said, "We are in the last days of the last days. The Governing Body really believes that."

Hardly a fallback position to "we don't know", and 'we'll just leave this one alone for now'.

• flipper
    flipper

TRUTHSEEKER- Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. Good for you in seeing and recognizing that WT leaders ARE scam artists with ill intent of using up and wasting 8 million JW's lives. For the money and the power. And the control. Somebody has to pay for all the child abuse lawsuits coming down the turnpike. Might as well come from ignorant and overtrusting rank & file JW's, right ? That's how the GB sees it.

Here's the deal as you mentioned the " time of the end " teaching is such a farce and debacle it's ridiculous. Any dictionary will tell you that a REAL " generation " is about 30 years in length. From the time we are born to when we generally have children. Then our children are the NEXT generation- and so forth. With that in mind since 1879 or 135 years since the WT Society proclaimed we are in the alleged " time of the end " four and a half generations have passed NOT two overlapping generations as JW's are taught by the WT Society. So yes- WT leaders ARE liars, they ARE purposely deceitful in order to control the masses of JW's for their own financial gain to keep the organization running at ALL costs. They have no conscience about HOW to keep the organization running - they will use ANY unethical and criminal means to do so. All the while keeping JW's in the dark about HOW they REALLY do it.

It's just like George Orwell's 1984 book all over again. The comparisons to Big brother are incredible to the WT Society. As you stated WT leaders have BAD motives for what they are doing

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Anyone who claims to have the truth from the Bible or any other religious scripture is either mad or a fraud.

Bugbear

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

There are many people who actually believe that if a thought is in their head it automatically came from God Almighty. To me the GB is that way. That syndrome is GRAN: Generally Recognized As Nuts.

Marina

• tiredroadie
    tiredroadie

I need help. My best friend on this earth is studying in a bible study and she is drinking the kool aid. She is in Indy and I need help. How do I reach her and can anybody go to her and help her. I love my friend very much. I need help please. Call me 434-534-4164.

• tiredroadie
    tiredroadie

I need help. My best friend on this earth is studying in a bible study and she is drinking the kool aid. She is in Indy and I need help. How do I reach her and can anybody go to her and help her. I love my friend very much. I need help please. Call me 434-534-4164.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry to hear of your friend tiredroadie, there are a lot of suggestions in various threads on here about reasoning with loved ones, try the search button

I wonder if phizzy is on to something?

Behind the Seven Saps are an unidentified group of advisors who actually run the show,

Watching the weird ramblings of Antony Morris and Stephen Lett's abject performance on jwtv, it is clear that this current bunch of Governing Body are in no way up to the standard of those we knew in the past. Are they the face of those who really run this Organization?? Or have I seen too many conspiracy films?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Upon doing a thorough back ground research on his religious publishing house one can see that it was founded on false misleading information,

attracting perhaps to the ignorant, naive and gullible at the time but there rests its foundation.

130 years later on it still exists by propagating coercive misleading information toward the public who were just as naive and ignorant from

its founding inception at around 1874.

The WTS. did one thing in its long history as a publishing house and that is exploit the already placed belief in the bible held in the publics mind set.

Irregardless all those endeavorers from the past have accumulated a substantial amount of wealth, power and prominence for a few men at the top

and has actually offered them a supporting lifestyle, conceivably right up until their eventual deaths as it may be.

Religions like the Jehovah's Witnesses grow out of pontificating ancient mythology as something real, so based from that inhenrent

ideology is it so surprising when people source their information from out of that human ignorance, that what they say doesn't come true ?

In some sense the only direction for them to take now is to just continue upon that ignorance which was previously established creating their original position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit