Does Bethel have any woman Medical Doctors?

by VM44 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cult classic
    cult classic

yes they do.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

When I was in Brooklyn 10 years ago there was one. She treated men and women, just like any doctor. Never treated me though so I can't say much about it.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Until a male doctor came (in the mid of the 90's) the "Overseer" was a guy from the adminstration-department.

Under American licensure law, that would be illegal. A professional cannot be subordinate to a non-professional in matters of expertise/practice. Of course, I doubt the WT cares about such trivialities of Caesar's law and has some way of getting around it, in case anyone checked. But it, in theory, could raise interesting questions--if the non-prof brother wanted things done a certain way, the professional sister would be jeopardizing her license to go along with it, if it was not in the best interests of a patient or the medical practice.

Stupid hierarchy.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

In Sweden it would be impossible to keep your license as a MD and a JW since a licensed MD must follow obligatory treatment, ordinations such as blood transfusions, abortions, and other. Un MD who cannot threat his/her patients as ordered from the social authorities will be removed from the list. Even unorthodox treatments like herbs or other are often disqualifying you as un MD. I know, my daughter, is an MD.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit