I Dedicate this Post In Support Of Candace Conti in her effort to gain Justice For All Sexually Abused Children by the WTB&TS

by smiddy 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy
    smiddy

Correct me if I am wrong , wasnt this first brought before the courts on the 20/09/2012 ? if not earlier ?

Candace Conti has held out from taking a settlement from the WTB&TS which would require a gag order . Good for her .

How many times have their been court appearances over this 2 year period ? I have lost count.

It must be emotionally and phisycally draining on Candace Conti ,and her mother Kathleen Conti , to pursue this course.

I think this is an oppourtunity to give moral support to someone who is willing to stand up against the WTB&TS ` failure to adequately protect children and vulnerable people under their care .

The least we can do is give her encouragement and moral support to continue her struggle against a multi-million dollar, real estate investment scheme , again reaping millions from donations and wills , calling itself a charitable organisation , who gives no charity to anybody who is not a jehovahs Witness , and even then it`s who you know in the organisation , the rank and file generally get nothing.

They reap in billions from real estate ,book ,magazine sales,contributions , deceased estate gifts , Investments ,some very suspect for a christian organization who claims to be no part of the world .

Oh , thats right, they excuse that as being a part of theocratic warfare , if we do it, itsevidence we have the truth , if you do it, its evidence you dont have the truth.

Please support Candace Conti and her mother Kathleen Conti emotionally and morally in their fight against the WTB&TS by responding to this post .

smiddy

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It would be near impossible to estimate the amount of people who would be keeping an eye on this case from the wings.

It is only fitting that we voice our support.

Never underestimate the power of one.

• talesin
    talesin

smiddy, what a great thread!

I made a good 'witness' today to a couple of sisters TM who had a stand at the bus terminal. They asked me if I had internet at home, and suggested I look up the JWS online. Well, that is when Candace Conti became the topic of discussion!

It was my turn to express happiness that they were also online, and I directed them to look up C-a-n-d-a-c-e C-o-n-t-i. Yes, I spelled it out for them! When the younger (obviously born-in) one knowingly and sadly shook her head, and the older said "oh yes, there are a lot of lies out there, and our elders ALWAYS report child abuse. That's just not true.". I then explained that I was a 4th generation JW and one of my own friends was molested by an elder's son, yadda yadda.

Anyhow, thank you Candace Conti! You have given all of us, a concrete case, a reference point (for lack of a better term to describe the tremendous sacrifice you have made) to 'hand over' to any JW who is online. That is a major thing, and you are helping so many people. I thank you personally, as an adult survivor myself, and send you much love and healing energy.

sparrowdown - the Power of One - I had not thought of that expression in a long time, and many thanks for the reminder. That will help me in my personal struggles at the moment.

tal

• happy@last
    happy@last

I hope they're doing okay and that the judgement in itself has given them some comfort. To put your life on hold until something happens will be costing them emotionally, I wish them every happiness and hope they are enjoying life meantime.

• jhine
    jhine

It is wonderful to hear of someone who has the courage and integrity to do what is right ,even when that is hard and costly .

Jan

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I would love to be sitting in that court room when those oral arguments are going on. I think even if she looses she still taught jw.org a dam good lesson. It made them sit up and pay attention.

• Enzo
    Enzo

that's indeed true, Smiddy....she will remain a living example of courage, despite all the obstacles she found on her way during this trial.. I hope that a lot of victims will follow her example , in every Religion, or organisation they are in... This I hope ...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The ranks of heroes of the XJW community are growing daily.

Candace has an honored place among that pantheon.

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread Smiddy, thanks for posting it. And I will raise my glass in a toast tonight to Candace Conti and Kathleen Conti for the courageous course that they are taking in bringing to light the horrific crime of child abuse in getting justice to be executed against the WT Society. If either of you lady's are reading this today we are in total support of your efforts and wish you the best in your continued fight for justice. Hang in there, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• smiddy
    smiddy

I beleive the next hearing that was supposed to happen in december has now been moved to the 14th of january 2015 .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit