What have you learned, Terry, from TEN YEARS on this discussion board?

by Terry 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Enzo
    Enzo

hey Terry,

I agree totally, with it....

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Great points, Terry. Thank you.

#9 strikes a chord in me. As JW's we have engrained within us that the ultimate good we can do to others is to bring them the 'good news of God's kingdom', and if we devote ouselves entirely to that work we are excused - actually we are commanded - from getting actively engaged paticipating in bringing relief to other people's many sufferings. That's utter BS, but damages us as human beings, because, as you said, makes us feel compassion for others but mentally block us from actually DO something practical to help them.

Eden

• clarity
    clarity

Just brilliant! Thanks for caring enough to

post this Terry!

clarity

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Can we say reading info on JW.com is like getting a college education much more superior than getting a equivilant college education from read the washtowel and asleep corporation magazines?
  • Awake at last
    Awake at last

Best thing you have ever written, Terry and you have written some good stuff.

Point 3 applies to my upbringing, ie.know everything but not showing love.

Thank you.  I am going to print the page up for future reference.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Very interesting post Terry.

In reference to #3, I think I'd add that "Kingdom Activity" is also no substitute for treating people well. And, JWs are led to believe that being busy in such activities is the key measure of one's standing with God and man.

How many of us know the stalwart elder or busy pioneer who does not treat others well? I'd venture that we've all met at least one, if not several.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit