Email Dateline NBC

by Flip 6 Replies latest social current

• Flip
    Flip

Below is the page, if you feel so inclined, to Email Dateline NBC and thank them for airing the public scrutiny.

I suspect Dateline needs encouragment, other than sponsorship revenue, just like anyone else and it may serve to be beneficial in the future.

Watch for 'Jane and Stone' half way down the page, and look for talk back

. http://www.msnbc.com/news/DATELINE_front.asp?0ct=-341&ta=y

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Good idea!

Sam Beli

"...religion opposes the commandments of Almighty God." Violence by J. F. Rutherford 1938

• JT
    JT

my eamil to dateline:

Thanks for the excellent pc of work that you did on watchtower- i was apart of the watchtower for over 35yrs, i was an elder and i worked at the headquarters office in brooklyn , ny for almost 7 yrs

witnesses are good folks , but thier leadership hids so much from them-

please do a followup story

the watchtower over the years has resoundedly condemned other religions for doing the same thing that they do.

this is one question that must be asked:

The watchtower representive stated that "Known" pedophiles are not allowed to go door to door by themselves.

if that is the case then do they now plan on turning in ALL THE NAMES OF PERSONS THAT THEY KNOW ARE PEDOPHILES like the Catholic church is doing or will they keep these indiviuals that THEY KNOW ARE PEDOPHILES
    SECRET?

WILL they take a stand like the Catholic church or will they continue to hide persons that they KNOW AND HAVE DOCUMENTS IN THIER FILES that show these persons are known pedophiles?

once again thanks for your hard work

feel free to call- james
    202-336-8792

• Primadonna
    Primadonna

the e mail I sent:

Dear Dateline NBC Producers,

I am writing to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the story that you aired last night, May 28th 2002 about Jehovah's Witnesses protecting pedophiles.

I was born into the religion and left at the age of 25, and five years later am still shunned by my witness relatives. While I was fortunate to have escaped molestation myself while a child in the organization, both of my sisters and MOST of my friends were not as lucky. My ex husband still takes our small daughter to meetings and I have told him time and again that you cannot trust our child with someone just because they occupy a seat at the Kingdom Hall. Most JW parents are dangerously trusting and naive.

These cases were swept under the rug in an attempt to prevent embarrassment for the Watchtower Society, but thanks to Bill Bowen and the bravery of his silentlambs, they cannot escape "The Truth" any longer.

Please do a follow up show to let the viewing public know the outcome of the judicial committee appeals of the people involved in your story. It will shock the world to know that in the 21st century people are still practicing such a twisted thing as to shun a rape victim and embrace the rapist. To those of us who grew up with this, though, it is all too familiar a story. Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving these victims a voice on national television!

With sincere gratitude,
    (my name inserted here)

Keep on roaring, lambs! People are listening! Bill, you are very very loved. We know it's with no small sacrifice that you've done what you've done. We are so grateful.

~Essie

• Kismet
    Kismet

Excellent letter Essie!

While on the topic of giving kudos:

Those who are thinking of writing letters to Dateline thanking them for their work, please give consideration to at least, copying the letter to the various Corporate sponsors that aired commercials during the segment.

Dateline does have to justify some controversial segments to their sponsors. Showing wide spread public support for the content of tonight's show could be useful later should any future segments be proposed.

The battle ain't over quite yet.

Kismet

• Francois
    Francois

Here's mine:

Dear Dateline:

As an ex-Jehovah’s Witness I want to express my sincere thanks for your segment last night on Dateline. I was in the organization for over 25 years, and I can personally attest the accuracy of your report. And as good as it was, it barely scratched the surface of this real estate and publishing empire masquerading as a religion.

In reality, the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses meets each and every item in the definition of a cult; and the Witnesses are a cult differing from the Jim Jones Guyana cult only in degree. God only knows into what moral swamp they are likely to stoop next.

Anyway, please accept my heartfelt thanks for your role in finally lifting the edge of the cover under which the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses slither. I hope you will investigate them further. As was famously advised decades ago, “follow the money.” No one has ever discovered what the Witnesses do with their billions. Or who it goes to.

Francois

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Here it is, after midnight, and I'm just logging on to catch up on the comments about Dateline.....

At the moment, I'm heavily involved in a personal matter which is not only keeping me from staying "up to speed" on the things going on HERE, (sigh), but it is just draining me to the point of brain-mush and exhaustion. I am SO tired, and still have a long fight ahead of me, unfortunately.

I have pored through hundreds of pages on websites dealing with rights for children with proven disabilities, and I'm in the process of gathering pertinent rules and regs for a possible upcoming lawsuit. I have a preliminary hearing scheduled for tommorrow (oops---today) at noon, and it's taken me nearly two weeks to get necessary data and stats together for presentation, so I've been kinda quiet on this board and on my WA group.

I apologize for going off-topic, but I DID see this thread and I sent an email along to Dateline.....

"My heartfelt thanks to all those at "Dateline" who had a part in the airing of this segment on 5/28/02.

It was SO well presented, and gave the public the chance to really see that known pedophiles are knocking on their doors!

I found myself sobbing as I watched Erica Garza relate how she was shunned and treated so heartlessly, and then how her rapist was supported and accepted by the Jehovah's Witnesses in his congregation! What sick and twisted thinking!

Perhaps you would consider doing a follow-up on the folks who came forward to be interviewed, and how the Watchtower has subsequently dealt with them since your program has now been broadcast.

Thanking you again for this long-awaited and beautifully done presentation.

Sincerely,

Annie xxxxxxx,

upstate NY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit