Did anyone else notice....

by DevonMcBride 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

YEP - caught the little boy next her nodding, too - just as the shot began.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

YES!!!!! Wasn't that too hysterical? Caught my eye as well :-)

• Farkel
    Farkel

: While Dateline was showing an assembly did anyone else see the woman sitting in the bleachers yawning?

Yes, and she was only two hours shy of being in a serious coma!

Farkel

• Olivia
    Olivia

Please let's not lose sight of the real purpose of the program. It seems that some find it entertaining to analyze every minute detail of the program. Try to keep the real message in the foreground, and never mind about superfluous details! It is a great disregard for the seriousness of the matter.

• larc
    larc

Olivia,

We know it was serious, and it was highly emotional to view. I know it was for me and my wife. I don't think anyone means to detract from the seriousness of the issue or the message. It's just that sometimes we need a little comic relief after such a heavy dose of reality. That is how I see it, anyway.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I was thinking of the fact that everyone viewed at that assembly is now an APOSTATE for appearing on Dateline.

• DIM
    DIM

I didn't really notice it the first time, but I caught it when I watched my taped copy. I thought it was funny - and very realistic.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Yup, I caught it too and thought it was hilarious, started laughing and my kids wanted to know what was so funny. They don't really remember the conventions very well, which is a very good thing, IMO!

Larc, well said. I think many of us use humor to dispel heavier emotions. Besides, I wouldn't want to live if I couldn't find something to laugh about every day.

Olivia, there is no offense intended in our looking at the lighter side of things. From your post, it sounds as though this may be a very serious subject for you, as it is for many of us here. I hope that you are doing well and will continue to share your thoughts and feelings with us here.

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit