My Witness mother cried!

by morrisamb 5 Replies latest jw friends

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

This segment, unbelievably 30 minutes long, was unusual on many levels.
    The victims and Silentlamb representatives did not come across as anti-Witness crusaders. They came across as loving members of the human race who are doing the right thing: reaching out and helping victims. I truly believe some, not all, some Witnesses will change because of this.

Just wait until they read my book next month [Father's Touch]!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I agree morrisamb that "the victums and Silentlamb representatives did not come across as anti-Witness". Maybe that would help open some JW's eyes.

hugs,
    j2bf

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks for the hug. My brother called and said, "It was great. The message was so simple: let the police handle crime."
    I might add that my Witness Mother almost hurled when she saw that twice disfellowshipped man go door to door. She goes, "Oh, no. That's not right."

• Had Enough
    Had Enough
    The victims and Silentlamb representatives did not come across as anti-Witness crusaders

yes morrislamb....now that you mention it...I noticed that too. And that is a real plus against the JW excuse for not seeing this show.

I can only hope that my daughter will watch a tape of this...she was faithfully at her meeting tonight. But I do have my reservations about its initial affect on her...you know...typical JW that parrots what the WTS says. My sincerest hope is that she will at least "be allowed" by her husband to view a tape of it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

morrisamb, I am looking forward to your book a Fatherstouch, it sounds very interesting please let me know when it is available, my email is in my profile.
    thank ya
    Orangefatcat

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I hope so too. You know, two Witnesses live in my apartment building and they only know I used to be a Witness because my Mother lives with me and she told them. Before they knew this they were pleasant. Since NOT. Today they both looked through me as those I was non-existant. One of them had to open the door for me because I had 8 grocery bags in my hands. They never said a word, just opened the door. No matter how strong I am, sometimes this hurts. But today, I felt sorry for them. Here they were treating a stranger with less than casual courtesy just because of what I represented. I thought about the Dateline episode coming up. And the fact that 20 years ago I gave up my silent lamb status by going public with my story which made headlines here in Ontario. I went from lamb to a lion who roars. Yes it was painful and lonely some times but I wouldn't be who I am today had I not went through that experience.
    What a wonderful message Dateline sent all victims of any faith or situation through out the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit