Digitizing all WT Literature

by ILoveTTATT 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi,

I have lots of WT literature that I want to get rid of, and I know that a lot of the literature is "valuable" in the sense that we NEED to have a record of what was said and when... and hopefully, all the pictures.

One of the least well-preserved of WT literature is the yearbooks. They contain valuable information that is NOT on the WT Library... for example, all of the pictures of the many JW's, or the charts and data, or the daily text.

So, Atlantis, or anyone who wants it, I am willing to ship the yearbooks to you with the condition that you will scan them and provide them for the entire community, and you pay for the shipping.

Anyone willing to take them?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

lLoveTTATT

It has already been done! Every Yearbook ever published by the Watchtower Society has already been scanned and posted here.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/286642/1/Yearbooks-1960-to-1969-PDF

Just keep scrolling down through the 5 pages and you will have all of them. What else do you have that needs to be scanned?

Atlantis!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

How about 1970's and onward? Do you have them? (I just need to know if you have the physical or scanned (facsimile, not text) versions)

I have quite a few booklets that are rare and I haven't seen anywhere... I'd love to send them to you, just help me with the shipping. I live in Canada.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

All the Yearbooks are "scanned" copies. Not text! Links for all them are provided at that link I gave you.

If you live in Canada, it would be to expensive for me to pay for Bound Volumes of Watchtower or Awakes to be sent here to Florida. Perhaps someone on the board that is in Canada or closer to you would be willing to scan them for you. And as far as booklets, I already have just about every booklet there is in PDF.

Thank you anyway!

Atlantis!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Atlantis, Are there any items in particular that your archives are missing?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

wifibandit:

I am sure if I checked the Watchtower Publications List that Randy posted, there would be something somewhere that would be good to have a copy of. I check the list from time to time to see if there is sometrhing I don't have that might be available. For instance, the songbook by John H. Paton I have now, but I didn't have it last year.

There are other files I search for, such as: Uncle Daniel's Bible Class/John or Morton Edgar/ published in the late 1800s around 1885 or so. And there are some of the tracts I like to get from time to time. I don't think anyone has every piece of paper that has ever been published by the Borg! There are people out there who claim they have the largest Watchtower Library in the world, yet they write to us for documents! Still trying to figure that one out!

Atlantis!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    the Watchtower Publications List that Randy posted

Please - would you post the link to Randy's List? thx.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

fastJehu:

Here you go!

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/wtpubs.htm

Atlantis!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

lLoveTTATT:

I would love to help in your case, but I just don't have the money to pay for heavy shipping costs from Canada. Those books and magazines can get pretty heavy real quick, even if there are only a few in a shipping box. Shipping is a bit expensive today!

Atlantis!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi Atlantis:

You don't have the bound volumes? You should have them... someone should have them... and be able to scan them.

I want to work with you to complete the facsimile collection of all the WT literature, just as you have done for the yearbooks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit