That is what New Light is all about

by FatFreek 2005 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Legacy - 'So friends..no new lights...just old men too stubborn to really hear the truth ..."

That's good.

Say, how about this: "There's no "New Light"; just Old Men who won't admit they're wrong."

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

or "Just a very few old men who've reluctantly admitted they'd been wrong."

As a 74 year old I can speak up as some of those are probably younger.

• FFtruther144
    FFtruther144

CTR on New Light -

Zion's Watch Tower (February 1881 WTR p. 188): “If we were following a man undoubtedly it would be different with us; undoubtedly one human idea would contradict another and that which was light one or two or six years ago would be regarded as darkness now: But with God there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, and so it is with truth; any knowledge of light coming from God must be like its author. A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. “New light” never extinguishes older "light," but adds to it. If you were lighting up a building containing seven gas jets you would not extinguish one every time you lighted another, but would add one light to another and they would be in harmony and thus give increase of light: So is it with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another.”

• Legacy
    Legacy

@Vidiot...

That'll work....they know they are wrong, just hope no one calls them out on it....It's really hard to admit you are wrong...Pride always gets in the way..but that's why they have erasers on pencils...& it's not age appropriate either...anyone can make a mistake..even God changed his mind at times...now the Society will say...God never makes mistakes..ah, I think it's not so much a mistake but if he's appealed to...he just might change his mind...he did it with Moses or was it Abraham...what about when Cain told Jehovah, if you send me out there, they are going to kill me...so Jehovah said, ok, you're right, I'll put a sign on you so no one will hurt you....ummm...think about that...he was just going to send Cain out there just like that...whatever happens, happens but...on second thought...he's right...I'll do something so he won't be killed....& I can go on & on...Jehovah changed his mind...many times...now he never admitted he was wrong but he did change his mind...if you look at it from a human standpoint...& how else could I look at it...I'm human...

Legacy

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

To me personally, it wasn't the 'new light' that started my questioning. It was when a brother told me that elders have a secret special book.

I still remember the feeling that came over me. It wasn't a feeling of ‘wow that is super neat'. It was more like WTF! How can that be? That's not right. We should all have access to the information coming from Bethel. Why the secrecy?

Another thing that got me questioning was how elders expected you to kiss their hand and throw rose petals as they entered the hall. Not to mention how they truly believed they were spiritual men yet acting completely contrary to it.

Seeing how these mutts treated the rank and file made me start to question how they qualified and why if over so many years they have caused so much chaos, why had they not been removed. Jehovah and Jesus certainly have the ability and strength to make it happen.

Lastly, on checking how the Apostle Paul said overseers should be chosen, I envisioned the recommendation being received by Bethel and then the entire GB sitting around a conference table praying their little hearts out asking each other after each prayer if anyone had received any indications.

Sounds silly but I was a snot nosed teen then and knew no better. I guess critical thinking, common sense, and basic reasoning skills should be allowed within the ranks.

The way I now see 'new light' is the GB indirectly admitting their reasoning was wrong and how Jehovah has made them see the point much clearer now. We were not wrong, we merely could not see very well. There was no light shining. It was just ideas of men.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The constant receiving of New Light is just an expressive excuse for a group of men proclaiming what they once understood and proclaimed in the past may not have been the Truth after all.

The WTS heads use two excuses for getting things wrong 1 not receiving a proportionate amount of light from god on matters of understanding

or we are just imperfect humans so we are not infallible.

But we are god's solemnly chosen ones nevertheless, so all humans on earth have to be subservient and faithful to us irregardless.

........ or you die and a quick and devastating death come Armageddon.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The problem is by listening to these arrogant inventors of "truth" (Ha Ha) many lose their lives right now. Many many thousands have died because of a piece of New Light that they got in 1945 about Blood Transfusion.

Many more will die until they change it.

If it was so important to God that people should be like suicide bombers and throw away their lives, why did he not say something before 1945 ?

Noo Lite - New Sh**e.

• bemused
    bemused

At a wedding a friend of one of my in-relatives was doing his best to convert me so I challenged him about changes in the generation teaching, which led him to talk about 'new light'. I said 'so everything you now say is true could be replaced by new light in the future?'. He just stood there staring like a rabbit in the headlights, so I headed to the bar.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We have all said it before, but it needs to be repeated:

If the org is said to be led by Jehovah, and teachings are changed (many dramatically), then only two options are possible.

Either the org is NOT led by god, or God gets things wrong.

simple as that!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Or, and to some this may sound sacreligious, God has subjected himself to a learning curve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit