Why do self-righteous hypocritical people ...

by hoser 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

ahh, that's it, frankiespeakin - the "Shadow." They 'shadow' on others. Thanks for posting all this info. I have all the info in an old book somewhere but it's been awhile.

• smiddy
    smiddy

frankiespeakin

I think you have nailed it in a nutshell .

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "Why is it that people who display self-righteous hypocritical behaviour are so blind as not to see what kind of people they really are?"

You just answered your own question.

Self-righteousness and hypocricy are inherently blinding.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Robert Burns wrote :

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us!"

In plain English " And would some Power the small gift give us, To see ourselves as others see us!"

• Gregor
    Gregor

Once in a while these types will have a moment of clarity. Call it an epiphany if you will.

Then the size of their ego will be tested.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Generally, our judgment of others is an extension of self-judgment; and the self-judgment is so ingrained, so normal, we don’t even recognize it.

Great Quote! (Thanks to whoever wrote it!)

I know that when I was a "good JW", I was the most judgemental prick ! I really judgeed my brothers and sisters for what they were or were not doing...

It was because I expected so much of myself as a "perfect JW" clone...

It wasnt obvious to me or even others till years later. I saw my inner self once in a figurative mirror...ironically after hearing a talk at the meetings about self examination and looking into the mirror of truth blah blah...

Then it was an eye opener!

I am pleased to say that I have changed over the last 10 years, and especially after learning TTATT over the last 5 years!

• SnarlingRaven
    SnarlingRaven

oh, and as for self-righteous hypocritical people who are NOT blind to what they really are . . . ? We call those folks "sociopaths".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit