Preaching is a waste of time

by konceptual99 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This reluctance to address the basic questions on the effectiveness of the preaching work is telling...

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Im still waiting for ISTKH to answer mine...

I had a chance to witness (no pun intended) first hand this past sunday the other work that LDS missionaries do. Even though the purpose is to impress with the hope that the person they are helping will convert, they do a lot of charity work. The two missionaries that visit out neighbor regularly clean, fix supper, go to the store to buy groceries, walk the dogs and like I mentioned they offered to help me paint my house, even after I said I was a staunch atheist and said I wasnt really interested. Could you imagine a JW offering to help me?

They do this all over the world. JWs....not so much.

But we are not talking about this. Helping others is not a waste of time, preaching is. So, at least half of what the mormons do is productive.

• Gregor
    Gregor

It has got to the level of the perenial cartoon subject - A strange person on the sidewalk holding a sign "The world will End Tomorrow!" passerby says, "he's been standing there everyday for the last 10 years"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit