I have nothing left in the tank, I need help

by Yondaime 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

Make sure your family is prepared. ie, you are finding it a bit much, and so tired. Let them know that you may need to take on less at the KH while you are in school. I think the comment about field service sucking the life out of you is true, so maybe that will be the one that can be the best reilef, and most easily understood.

If they can see you having trouble, maybe the family will be less likely to pressure you, for the remainder of your undergraduate career. Then, like skeeter said, get outta Dodge!

You can do this. You are not alone, and it's good you asked for support.

xx

tal

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Thanks for the support guys I'll meditate and try to apply your Advice.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Apog has makes excellent points on your dilemma. I only would say that as a college student, you should be able to read for the WT study, I mean, come on. I knew of a middle-aged under-educated brother who gave meeting parts while being smashed. I do not have a 4 year degree and have read for the bible study and the #1 TMS talk without any preparation. If it's fear of being in front of a large audience is the problem then look at it as "Toastmasters" preparation.

Also, you might consider actually sheading a river of tears when approaching the responsible overseer to ask for a reprieve. Try thinking of a very sad story, like a kitten being skinned alive by a Rottweiler or maybe slam a door on your hand or something, that will get the tears flowing. Play up the pity card with him, that would will get you demoted faster than than a "Sacred Heart of Jesus" tatoo. Hey, I'm just saying that with your degree under your belt, you will in time look back and see the humor of it all. Hell, there's nothing that will "qualify" you faster for spiritual privileges than a straight-day high-paying gig! I'm just saying.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Man, why are you doing so much?

Yeah, tell the Elders to suck it up and walk the mikes. We all know doing so is "beneath" them, but tough shit.

Doc

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Okay first off you DONT tell them you dont want to go. You my friend have Chronic fatigue. When it's meeting time get on your bed in the fetal position and play sick...faint, vomit, you are not well at all. You cant quit college but I played sick till they left for the meeting...then I would crack a beer and watch movies....be in bed a sleep when they returned.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Look for the article on "Burnout" in the Awake! mag. Discuss it with your parents. I'm sure they'll get the message.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Bro... Take a step back and consider your plans. You joined the board a couple months ago, which means you are FULLY awale by now. If you're getting more "priveledges" now, you're doing something wrong.

Time to cut those serve-us hours to the single digits this month, less than 5 for the next 3, the last two of which are a complete lie as you never went out at all. Servo is the first thing the eldurrs look at when doling out "privileges". Make yourself an unlikely candidate.

After these next 4 months of low reporting, time to not put in a report at all. Put in one that says zero, and dont bother after that. When asked why , make shit up. Never.. EVER apologize it make excuses. What you are doing is what you are doing, and it is not wrong. Don't give the impression that you can be convinced that you are in the wrong. They are child molester protecting liars, not you. You just know their secrets.

Pretty soon their attention will shift to someone else and you will be ignored. After 3 months of zero hours you will get a shep visit. They will lay out the usual FOG (Fear, Obligation, Guilt) routine on you, which you will give them nothing. Just cold. Thanks them for their time and interest. it will piss them off to no end that you didn't show any fear of them or remorse for having let big J down.

Before you know it, you'll be skipping more than you go.

Tand a moment and think about WHO you go to the meetings for. Family? Move. Friends? Get new ones. Real ones.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

My advice is to just inform the Elders that you need to take a complete break for the time being. If they offer any objections, just say: 'I need time to privately discuss my personal problems with Jehovah. I don't need any assistance in doing that and prefer not to discuss it further. If I need help I will contact you.'. Don't let the Elders harrass you or start quoting Bible verses to you in order to guilt-trip you. That should get you out of your dilemma of being over-worked by the cult. After all, it's not like they are PAYING you to do all that stuff for them. Just stop volunteering!! After this, just gradually cut back on meeting attendance, stop participating in the Ministry School and stop answering questions during the Watchtower Study. Finish your college degree program and then once your have a job you can decide whether to cut all ties to the Warchtower cult. Best of luck!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Maybe find out about studying overseas for a year. Exchange program or something. Germany, maybe? After all, it's a good JW thing to learn a second language anyway.

• blondie
    blondie

Why are you doing so much? How many MS in your congregation or even baptized brothers qualified to do such things. I have known several congregations that had so few "qualified" brothers that they suggested using sisters for sound and attendants. The CO said the elders had to do it if no other brothers.

1) cut back on service time, say you're doing informal witnessing.

2) pick one thing to do: sound? and say you have to take a break from the other things. Elders can pick that up such as reading at the meetings and giving prayers.

3) If you know brothers that are slacking, carefully suggest them.

4) college? Add up how much time you spend on chores at the KH and compare it to the time at school..sounds like you spend more at the KH...the elders may be piling it on hoping you quit school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit