Revelation, its Grand Climax.... remember when?

by wallsofjericho 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I remember being at the assembly in 1982? when this was released. Everyone was so excited that we finally had a SIMPLE explanation of Revelation with PICTURES. Not like that awful Babylon book

Looking back now, i remember studying this at the book study so many times, but the final time I was mentally out of the BOrg and I couln't believe how assinine this book was!
    the 24 elders are actually the 144k, so the 24 elders in 1914 are pictured standing in front of the 144k (themselves) in the future when their number is sealed, but they are together now because the 144k is SO SURE TO TAKE PLACE its as though its ALREADY OCCURED and they are singing a song to themselves even though some of the 144k aren't even born yet (remember its 1914 when they're singing)... get it??

INCREDULOUS!

I notice the R&F never talk about that book much anymore, as if they know what a crock of shit it was. When the next Revelation book comes out one day people will be so excited to finally have a book that explains the true TRUTH about Revelation and they will be SO HAPPY

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What I always thought was ludicrious, was the trumphet blasts equalling some obscure conventions at a theme park location in Cedar Point, Ohio. The audacity to proclaim that the nonsense proclomations that J.F. Rutherford was spewing at that time was the equivalent to the trumphet blasts mentioned in the Bible was ludicrious in the extreme. The middle of Ohio, in the mid-1930's you say? Not even a proclomation at a world event like the "World's Fair" or some place or event truly recognized in a large city like Paris or London or something? An obscure Ohio theme park pavilion is like one of the trumphet blasts of Revelation they say? MY A**!!!

Cedar Point wasn't/isn't even a town, it was pavilion area with a small theme park. It's a roller coasters dream spot and resort today, with no mention if the trumphet blast was even heard back in the late 1920's, mid-1930's. This incredible display of GALL was too much even for me to swallow as a teenager while going over this messed up book for the 3rd time. I couldn't swallow it. The one about the pioneers of Jehovah being the locusts plague on the earth was too much as well. Oh, and about how the imprisonment of Rutherford and his cronies was somehow forseen in the bible? Ha....ha.....HAHAHAHA! Rutherford was a drunken azz! No wonder they tossed him in the drunk tank for a long haul, Ceasar wanted him to sober up!!!

How could you sell such nonsense at the door? You couldn't, plain and simple. Any normal person visiting the KingDumb Hell and hearing such ludicrious proclamations would think they just entered a nut house. And the artwork.......right out of a Stephen King or John Carpenter nightmare! Gah! I was 3 yrs old when this book came out.....guess how many nightmares that wild harlot riding the wild beast gave me? This book combined with the "Live Forever" book is pure JW embarrassment.

- Wing Commander

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

1988 actually.

Yes, this book has ridiculous explanations. Funny thing... it's still considered (by the org) as an authority on the book of Revelation. Many references in the index point to this book as the latest teaching.

That said, have you ever looked at other explanations of Revelation by other religions or groups? Almost as ridiculous. Some, even more so.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I remember I go in trouble for changing the title to The grand climax in my hand.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i thougth 1988 originally but then seemed to think I was younger than that when it came out.

LOL at theredeemer

• sporece
    sporece

Very boring going through so many times especially once you find out the stupidity of all the doctrines.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Hahahah! Looking back now that book was so ridiculous! Try sitting through a deaf and hearing bookstudy with that book, you guys! The book study conductor with an interpreter and all the deaf signing those pathetic pictures.

Shana

• kairos
    kairos

Sifting through the KM full of new light was really something on the fourth and final time "studying" that book.

Literally cutting and pasting the adjustments into our precious books instead of getting the new and revised soft cover version.

Hey, we had already marked up our previously studied copy.

We weren't about to start all over again.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

There are none so deaf as they who will not see. Wait, that didn't come out right but it fits.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Yes, I agree with the post about the seven trumpets and how outrageous it was to read that they signified some obscure little convention in Cedar Point Ohio of all places. It really shows the power of Fred Franz and his influence over the writing committee. They were always intimidated by him....the ORACLE as he was called by many, including some of the GB. Little did they know that he would be worm fodder like the rest of that first group. At least, however, they TRIED to write something deep.

Today's GB is so devoid of depth that all they have to talk about are worthless frivolities. I recall Paul said not to argue about foolish things, well, these guys have nothing else to argue about....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit