A big bang from a previous universe compacted into one big mass makes more sense than out of nothing....

by EndofMysteries 17 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

prologos - I don't know if you asked a question because a creator had nothing to do with what I said. It doesn't explain how things came to be, but if our universe was the result of a previous universe following the same pattern of stars, then it would be impossible since we would be the result of the destruction of something previously here.

As for how all of life got here and how we have nothing but hypothesis or theories, I like the quote from Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Birth-Mark", "Our great creative Mother, while she amuses us with apparently working in the broadest sunshine, is yet severly careful to keep her own secrets, and, in spite of her pretended openness, shows us nothing but results."

• prologos
    prologos

EndofMy steries, I do not subscribe to the the idea of a succession of universes, or the multiverse therories, but if you like to explore these possibilities, I recomend the works of Pr. Sir Roger Penrose.

At least he shows the existence of time before our glorious habitation came along, and how information can squeeze through the confines of a big bang.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

We can crank time back theoretically to our universe's singularity, once we are at that point, we can't crank iit back any further. Maybe some day we will, until then, I definitely won't be inserting supernaturual explanations into the mix.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

As related to abiogenesis;

http://www.seas.harvard.edu/news/2011/02/clay-armored-bubbles-may-have-formed-first-protocells

Interesting idea! Not sure how one would go about taking it further? Guess at the likely fossilised biogenics and look for them?

• prologos
    prologos

OneGenTwoGroups, you are obviously up to the latest light. that cranking back THEORATICALLY in an interesting picture. how do you see that, as a spool or a rack&pinion affair?

Isee time as a rack, made up of the nows as teeth of Planck size. Our's is only one of many pinions. I see time as a static 4st dimension, on which the pinion moves forward at varying speeds. We can not go back, but left our fossils,impressions behind. Thedimension of time in this model stretches indefinitely into the past and the future. The pinion or spoolrolled back to the starting point would have zero dimension.

we will know more when the generation with two groups has expired, supernaturally not.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Unless man can create an intelligence to surpass the absolute extent of the physical brain, by which we are governed the answers to these questions will always be subject to electrical function within a group of cells which only exist by way of the very conditions it is trying to solve.

There is limit, perhaps we should concede, as we have to with other areas of human endeavor ie can anyone fly unaided?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I like Guths inflation theory it's the 'ultimate free lunch'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)

In physical cosmology, cosmic inflation, cosmological inflation, or just inflation is the exponential expansion of space in the early universe. The inflationary epoch lasted from 10 −36 seconds after the Big Bang to sometime between 10 −33 and 10 −32 seconds. Following the inflationary period, the universe continues to expand, but at a less accelerated rate.

The inflationary hypothesis was developed in the 1980s by physicists Alan Guth and Andrei Linde. [5]

Inflation explains the origin of the large-scale structure of the cosmos. Quantum fluctuations in the microscopic inflationary region, magnified to cosmic size, become the seeds for the growth of structure in the universe (see galaxy formation and evolution and structure formation). [6] Many physicists also believe that inflation explains why the Universe appears to be the same in all directions (isotropic), why the cosmic microwave background radiation is distributed evenly, why the universe is flat, and why no magnetic monopoles have been observed.

While the detailed particle physics mechanism responsible for inflation is not known, the basic picture makes a number of predictions that have been confirmed by observation. [7][8] The hypothetical field thought to be responsible for inflation is called the inflaton. [9]

On 17 March 2014, astrophysicists of the BICEP2 collaboration announced the detection of inflationary gravitational waves in the B-modepower spectrum, which if confirmed, would provide clear experimental evidence for the theory of inflation. [1][2][3][4][10][11] However, on 19 June 2014, lowered confidence in confirming the findings was reported; [10][12][13] and on 19 September 2014, even more lowered confidence. [14][15]

And remember 'Nothing is very unstable and perhaps just a mental construct.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/240208/1/What-is-Nothing-A-Mental-Construct

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's a cool idea, and leaves science fiction rife with narrative possibilities.

(I am not being sarcastic)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit