True Apostates

by objectivetruth 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

All Truly Great Men & Women of Past & Present all have something in common.. They stand up for Truth.

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong." (Abraham Lincoln)

"I didn't know what to do. I thought I was going insane, but then I realized that the insanity was not mine, but came from the twisted minds of those that devised these false doctrines, these incoherent, inconsistent and illogical beliefs based on wishful thinking and a maniacal grab for power. Truth had been sacrificed on the altar of greed." (Oubliette)

"I do not spend time with liars or go along with hypocrites. I hate the gatherings of those who do evil, and I refuse to join in with the wicked." (Psalm 26:4,5)

Individuals that Make a Stand for Truth, often put Truth ahead of all else, they Sacrifice their Lives, along with all they Love for Truth.

Truth in a basic sense is Fact from Fiction. People such as Oubliette, who sacrifice their Happiness & Their Children do not do it for Facts, they do it for something much more Profound - They Do it for Justice.

The First Apostates were Called by different Names.. Prophets & Saints. These Men & Women, cared about Justice above ALL ELSE. They valued Justice more than their lives, their posessions, their familes.. They even Valued Justice Above Their Relationship with God!

Abraham questioned God's Justice "Abraham approached him and said, "Will you sweep away both the righteous and the wicked? (Gen 18:23) David questioned God's Justice "I have sinned; I, the shepherd, have done wrong. These are but sheep. What have they done?" (2 Samuel 24:17) Finally Jesus questioned God's Justice.. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46)

Job was an Upright Man and he Pursued Truth & Justice in every aspect of his life. When Job experienced Injustice he Accused God. "But it is God who has wronged me, capturing me in his net. "I cry out, 'Help!' but no one answers me. I protest, but there is no justice." (Job 19:6,7)
    He calls God Cruel - "You have become cruel toward me. You use your power to persecute me." (Job 30:21)

Part of God's Response was "Will you discredit my justice and condemn me just to prove you are right?" (Job 40:8)
    Job's eventual final Response.. "I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes."
    Only AFTER having a personal discourse, with God did Job Relent, and Humble Himself. At this Time God Blessed him Two-Fold.

As Witnesses we gave our Lives to Jehovah, we Were Convinced that we would be Blessed, we were Convinced we would soon see Paradise.. When we discerned In-Justice we reacted, and we abandoned all that we had Lived for, for the sake of Truth & Justice.
    But then what happened?..... Silence? Has God been nowhere to find? Do we feel Betrayed by Our Friends & Family as well as The God that we once Knew So well?

"For a long time I have held my peace; I have kept still and restrained myself; " (Isaiah 42:14)
    Why has God Kept Silent?

We must "Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." (Prov 31:9)
    We must "learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow’s cause." (Isaiah 1:17)
    We must Continue to Be Apostates.

TBC

• prologos
    prologos

ot, if truth would be known,

westand alone. ? and when you analize Hebr. 11, most of these bible heroes were anti- establishment.

small comfort if you look for comfort though.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Organized Religion = Hierarchy

Hierarchy = Tyranny

Tyranny = InJustice

Anti Establishment Indeed

• rebel8
    rebel8

That was a really beautiful OP. It pretty much sums up my life.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A True Apostate is someone who stands away/apart from a formerly held belief or religion or other group he was associated with, political say.

I would venture to say that someone could fit that criteria without necessarily being a great lover of truth or justice, his/her motivation for standing apart may be something else.

But I think the vast majority of those who "stand apart" from organized religion do so in the end because they find that Truth, Justice, and Honesty, often along with true Empathy and Compassion are all lacking in those places. (Not all religions are lacking all of these qualities, but being made up by men, they all lack real truth.)

I am a lover of Truth, which is why I felt forced to leave the Jehovah's Witness religion. I admire all the True Apostates of the past who were lovers of Truth too, Jesus of Nazareth would seem to fit that description, and he "stood apart" from his religion of birth so much that they killed him for it.

I admire the True Apostates of today who are lovers of Truth, but a realistic lover of Truth realises that Truth and Belief are not the same thing.

However firmly and fondly you believe something, no matter for how long, just because you believe it, it does not make it true.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

ah, but when was the first time the term apostate was used in the bible? what was the situation? and whom did the term apply to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit