Jehovah's Witnesses Ban upheld by Supreme Court.-TASS reports. Are Russian JWs suffering as a result of Watchtower Governing Body Hate Rants?

by Balaamsass2 22 Replies latest social current

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I am sorry, Balaamsass, that was rude of me. I didn't answer your question.

Are Russian JWs suffering as a result of Watchtower Governing Body Hate Rants?

Yes. They are.

According to the Russian court document, Russia is actually saying that they are trying to protect all Russian people from a dangerous organization. Russia sees the Russian JWs as victims of the Watchtower Society who have had their individual rights and freedoms violated by the Society's restrictive policies.

So, yes, the Watchtower Society is responsible for the Russian people, who they have sucked into their organization, suffering.

And the Russian Supreme Court is trying to do something about it.

• Simon
    Simon

I think the WTS 'likes' some persecution as it plays into their narrative.

Nothing that would affect the main populations they have - if it's north or central America or europe then they will change whatever they need to in order to stay in business but eastern block or African countries where there aren't a lot of them anyway? The perfect sacrifice and some great material for a future WatchTower article.

Yes, I think the WTS is cavalier with people lives. They say things in America because they can get away with them without enough care for the effect it has on people of other countries where they don't have the same freedoms and protections.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

other countries where they don't have the same freedoms and protections.

Simon, I think the idea of freedom and protection is different for an organization than it is for individuals.

In Russia, the courts are saying that the organization of the Watchtower Society infringes on individual rights and freedoms. That is why they are not being accepted as a religion in Russia. The Watchtower wants freedom and protection at the expense of its members and Russia recognizes that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Persecution" of JWs has always made me feel conflicted, both when I was still in, and after I left.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Totally agree with Simon. Ever since I learn about the Mexico/Malawi scandal, I have sustained that the org basically looks at every country/region as a potential contributor to their cause. If a country can not contribute enough members, money or a combination of both, then it better provide a good stream of martirs. They are needed to fulfill prophecy.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

agreed vidiot

to see the R&F and their children suffer because of the BOrg's unscriptural rules is too bad. They are good people, they are meek, that is why they obey blindly. They just want to be happy. Not unlike the malawe and mexico scandals ray franz talked about it CofC

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Compare how JW.org home page portrayed these events THIS WEEK- VS -the Newspaper story & what happened. I posted with Keywords and hot link. Hope some active JWs stumble on this thread today during coffee.

Hope it plants a seed or two and rings some mental bells.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This is a fascinating document. I would love to read an accurate translation, the fractured English just gives the flavor. It looks to me that the text has been subjected to rigorous examination. The advances in thinking has made this branch of learning scientific with a computer program (named BAAL) analysing the vocabulary used and measuring the results being one of the tools. The people who have examined the material have used recognised methods of evaluation before reaching conclusions.

This judgement is not going to be easy to overturn. There is every reason to view the material as being at least anti-social. Having said all that, banning a religion is a big step. Voltaire said “Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too”. That is the freedom we need.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

This is a fascinating document. I would love to read an accurate translation, the fractured English just gives the flavor.

I agree. that is why I posted it in its entirety. And I couldn't link to it because it just doesn't exist anywhere in cyberspace that I know of.

I wish now that I had saved a copy of the original Russian so it could be translated accurately. Que sera...at least I managed to grab what you see.

It was posted by an exJW Russian. The forum still exists but I am not sure if there are any exJWs on it anymore - this file had disappeared.

It looks to me that the text has been subjected to rigorous examination. The advances in thinking has made this branch of learning scientific with a computer program (named BAAL) analysing the vocabulary used and measuring the results being one of the tools. The people who have examined the material have used recognised methods of evaluation before reaching conclusions.

That is what really interested me about this document - the examination of the text in such detail and with scientific analysis to back up the conclusions. And then the analysis of how the organization is actually structured - in such a way that individual freedom and choice is absent within the confines of the organization.

This judgement is not going to be easy to overturn. There is every reason to view the material as being at least anti-social. Having said all that, banning a religion is a big step. Voltaire said “Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too”. That is the freedom we need.

No, it won't be. And that is because Russia is not taking away the freedom of a religion - they are not banning a religion - they are not recognizing the Watchtower as being a religion - they are labelling them a 'political organization', a sect. The Russian experts conclude that the organization of the Watchtower Society is a harmful organization that doesn't qualify for religious status.

As far as thinking for yourselves - that is exactly why Russia won't give WTS religious status - The Watchtower Society doesn't allow its members to think for themsleves.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Finally someones calling the WT on its hate speach. The destruction of all religions puts them up there with extremist ideology hurray for the Russians for pinning the tail on the donkey/Governing Body who sponsors such unethical nonsense based on Deity worship. Corporation sock puppet Jehovah is in hot water over his violent attitude towards the existing superior authorities. Yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqhH_TSaWpY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfVM3p_6tQM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit