Blood, the US Army, the US Navy and the Watchtower Society

by OrphanCrow 45 Replies latest watchtower medical

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The Watchtower Society blood doctrine is intricately linked to clinical trials in blood technology. The WTS deliberately changes and manipulates the blood doctrine in order to fill the requirements for medical testing in the field of blood technology. It has been happening since the start of the blood ban and has continued for the last 70 years, leaving untold numbers of dead and maimed JWs in the wake of the Society’s quest for ‘everlasting life here on earth’.

The search for the Holy Grail of the blood industry, artificial blood, is one that the Watchtower Society is heavily involved in.

In 2000, when the Society announced their approval of Hemopure, their approval pre-dated the FDA approval for general use. The Society’s approval was put in place to satisfy the demands of clinical trials. The Society, along with its Hospital Liaison Committee, needed to fill their promise of providing lab rats for military research and for the promotion of Biopure blood substitutes. In 2000, Hemopure was being tested for safety and efficacy and it was the JWs who were offered up as lab rats to try it out – the Society’s approval was just that – they approved a sample group for medical research.

In 2008, after a meta-analysis of the trials for Hemopure and other blood substitutes revealed the high rate of death and side effects, the FDA was involved in evaluating whether or not the clinical trials would proceed. They had stopped clinical trials because of high mortality rates in the subjects that had been given blood substitutes and the FDA had a panel of experts gathered to discuss the pros and cons of allowing artificial blood research to proceed.

The following document reveals the complicity of the Watchtower Society in the push to proceed forward with a blood product that had questionable safety. The Watchtower Society was involved in the FDA hearing because they were offering up the JWs as a control group for the US military to continue the trials they had already been involved in.

The Watchtower Society is giving its 'politically neutral' followers to the US military – instead of serving in uniform, the JWs get to serve their country in a different way – they can die as lab rats. And the reason the US Army and Navy want them for a control group? Well, Army medical personnel have to abide by the RESUS model – they have to resort to proven methods of resuscitation if the patient is on the verge of dying. In other words, if an Army doctor uses artificial blood on a patient, and they are dying, if real blood is available, they have to resort to using it. But, with a JW patient, they can continue to use the artificial blood until they die. Why this is important to the military is that it gives them a ‘base-line’ measurement – something that is impossible with any other group except the JWs.

The Watchtower Society is, and has been for 70 years, using the blood doctrine to create a control group for medical research. And, they are in bed with the US Department of Defense in doing so. The JWs are being used for military purposes, with the full knowledge and cooperation of the Watchtower Society.

This is a long document, over 300 pages.

For your reading pleasure:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/biologicsbloodvaccines/newsevents/workshopsmeetingsconferences/ucm133812.pdf

• carla
    carla

How would a current jw spin this? --"jw's do not serve in the US Military but we ALL do alternative service....."? or would they be horrified?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

How would a current jw spin this? --"jw's do not serve in the US Military but we ALL do alternative service....."? or would they be horrified?

I don't know, Carla, but maybe somene should ask them how they feel about their contribution to what they have been told to hate - military service. No, they don't wear a uniform, and they don't salute the flag...but I wonder if they get the Stars and Stripes draped over their body on the way to the morgue after having plastic blood pumped into their veins. Soldiers get resusitated on the battlefield - JWs don't even get that.

And here is another great irony: if you do any research into the current state of the artificial blood industry, one of the huge selling points is that artifical blood can be used as a long shelf life emergency response to disaster situations instead of relying on live blood donors. I will have to look for the quote, but I think I even read an account of a Jehovah's witness being saved by artifical blood during the 9/11 disaster as a selling point for moving artifical blood research along.

So, here we have, on one hand, a group of people who are being told that 'God' is going to destroy all those bad people...yet the very same ones who are telling them that are using them for lab rats to develop technology to help all those bad people to survive 'armageddon'.

Now that, is one of the biggest deceptions I have encountered in a long time.

Tell me, how would you spin this to a person who has an active noblood card in their pocket?

• zeb
    zeb

Hemopure? Correct me please; isnt this a derivative or bovine blood?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This article is over 120 pages can you list the pages that deal with the JW's and also back up your statement, thanks

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

OrphanCrow:

Thank you very much!

Atlantis!

• scoobydont
    scoobydont

Marked !

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Hemopure? Correct me please; isnt this a derivative or bovine blood?

Yes, Hemopure is a bovine derived hemoglobin substitute. It is made from cow's blood.

This article is over 120 pages can you list the pages that deal with the JW's and also back up your statement, thanks

Actually, it is over 300 pages long. If you use the search function you can find all the place that Jehovah's Witnesses are mentioned in the document.

But - for a very condensed version of the document, what is happening is that a number of interested and concerned parties got together to talk about the safety and efficiacy of artifical blood and how to proceed with research into it. A meta-analysis of available data (because many of the trials never did submit results - notably, Hemopure was one of the biggest trangressors of not turning in data to the FDA) revealed this:

We conclude, based on analysis of the available data from clinical trials, hemoglobin=based blood substitutes are associated with a significant risk of death and myocardial infarction.

They discuss the safety issues - some say that they can fix the problems with the artifical blood that is causing the higher rates of death and heart attacks - and they discuss what kind of study design is most valid and would have the most benefit. Guniea pigs, monkeys and dogs are discussed as to why or why not they would be the way to proceed with subjects for trials. And, they discuss, several times, whether or not the JWs would be suitable for a sample group.

pg 279 - Dr. Vlahake from Harvard makes this comment:

I wouldn’t necessarily give up on the Jehovah’s Witness population and just share with you a couple of insights in having managed a number of those patients over the 22 years I have been in the specialty our group along with our colleagues in cardiac anesthesia have had a number of these people referred through their own network. This is for those of you who have not had the opportunity to work with Jehovah’s Witness patients. They have a medical liaison network in every city in the US and the headquarters in the religion is the Watchtower Society in Brooklyn. And we have had the senior members of that organization come to our administration and there have been meetings about creating a referral relationship, and the patients who are willing to travel.

And so you could conceivably design a surgical trial and you could pick a handful of surgical specialties where there is a reasonable likelihood of needing a transfusion, and design it regionally at several major centers in the US, engage the Church and the medical liaison people that are part of the Church and to reach out into the community to bring those patients into the system, and then carefully design the clinical trial and then even potentially have a crossover option if it comes down to life-threatening anemia which we’re going to encounter in some of those patients you start to do larger and larger surgeries.

There are other places in the document that refers to the JWs. The arguments are a bit complicated and there is much to be said in the analysis of the text, including who was involved in the discussion and their interests and prior history with the Watchtower, but, what emerges is that the WTS was on the side of Biopure in the discussion - in spite of the very real concerns with safety and efficiacy, the WTS wanted to proceed with trials in the JW population.

What is important to remember in all of this, is that Hemopure would be being tested against the treatment currently done on JWs - the use of volume expanders, not oxygen carriers - and that the Hemopure to that point did not perform as well as current treatment. Volume expanders had been developed back in the 60s by using JW subjects in research facillitated by the Army. (yes...I can back that up...I have the study that shows that...)

As far as backing up my statements goes...the document I linked to does that - I apologize for the density of it - I understand that it is a difficult read.

Atlantis - you are most welcome.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Crazyguy, I think that what is important to keep in mind concerning this FDA document, is that the WTS gave their approval for Hemopure in 2000.

This FDA discussion occurred 8 years later - 8 years of JWs getting Hemopure and the product was still in clinical trials. The WTS 'approval' of Hemopure was put in place to facillitate clinical trials, not to save the lives of those they had told to refuse blood transfusions.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thank you OrphanCrow, this is most enlightening, and is a scandal indeed, of HUGE proportions !

The motivation for the WT/JW approval of Hemopure is obvious, they were desperately looking for a way to reverse out of their murderous Blood policy.

This is just another proof that in no way is God or Holy Spirit guiding these charlatans, all that moves them is $$$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit