207 mph 333 km/h ... on a Bicycle !

by Simon 14 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

This is nuts and his must be huge!

What happens when you bolt a jet engine to a bicycle? You'd imagine "certain death" but you'd be wrong. Just look at that thing go!

It leaves a 630 horse power Ferrari 430 Scuderia behind and gets to 200 Mph in under 5 seconds.

It pulled 19g when accelerating so he must have an iron grip just to hold on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WREyAicJXkM

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fascinating but to be honest a very dangerous thing to do .

If something were to break during mid flight or even a wind gust stirred up during the run,

you could crash and as one can see there is no rigid cage protection to save you.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, I don't think it will catch on for anyone's daily commute any time soon.

There can't be many things that accelerate like that with a human at the controls.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'm surprised he didn't get speed wobbles and lose it!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Talk about a rush though, I've gone 50 MPH. down hill on a bike and I thought that was exhilarating.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

wow - he is faster then the famous fast Jehu ;-)

• Simon
    Simon

I hope he didn't have one of those bikes where the pedals didn't free-wheel ... remember going down a hill and reaching the point where you couldn't keep your feet on?!

It's actually kind of funny that it even has peddles on at all.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Not to worry, his bike had coaster brakes.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The next news head line will be ... " Man on jet propelled bike wipes out and seriously hurts himself "

• prologos
    prologos

TOUR DE FORCE DE FRANCE. Gyroscopic stabilizing effects of spinning wheels is huge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit