My family has known I'm an apostate

by cognac 50 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I found out that my husband has not only gone to the elders, but has been going to members of my family about me over a period of a few years. I mean, why would he go to my family??? Why not ANYBODY ELSE???

This piece of news is just so depressing. I've been wondering how my family knew I didn't go and thats why so many of them have becoming more and more distant. He's taken away so many people I have loved. I just can't believe he did this.

I can take a lot but this is just to much. There was no reason for it. I even understood why he went to the elders but this??? I can't get beyond the fact that this was all his doing. I'm so upset I don't even want to get out of bed. I just want to lay here all day and cry. :(

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Finding out how low a good little cult member will go is extremely disturbing. I'm so sorry this is happening to you, Cognac. :(

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I'm so, so sorry.

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

Sleeping with the enemy is disturbing. It will take some time to get over the hurt and depends on your personality and relationship with hubby but I would let him know that you know this and allow him to explain himself. I probably shouldn't be commenting because I don't tolerate disloyalyty in a mate, but I love being by myself too. lol Take Care

• cognac
    cognac

PTT - He was the one who told me.

I don't think I've ever felt so betrayed... :(

• minimus
    minimus

Cognac, you have to understand the cult mentality that exists. He is in a cult. He sounds like a man that needs to feel important. Maybe he is simple minded and impressionable. Whatever, he is a cultist, and what do you expect?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cognac, I really feel for you.

It is really disturbing what this cult can get people to do to each other. It calls to mind this thought by Voltaire:

• 'Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.' - Voltaire
  • lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Yes, he is trying to do what he honestly believes is the right thing to do. he really believes this. ...

stupid cult.

• cognac
    cognac

Min- I'm not surprised he went to the elders. However; nothing in even their own rules says you need to go to family. That I did not expect.

oubliette - thank you for sharing that quote. Very true.

• minimus
    minimus

He told the family in attempt to save you. He was looking for help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit