John Chapter 3. How does it jive with JWs?

by FetterFree Annie 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If anyone still visits this thread.
    Dungbeetle is right when he says that J Ws draw distinction between the two classes.
    In John 3.3 the phrase is "Born again to see the kingdom of God".NWT.
    The belief is that only the 144000, see the kingdom and thus need to be born again . The rest of the plebs get salvation on Earth.

The expession "Born again " may be applied to the living remnant of the 144000, although not in the same sense as many from charismatic churches understand it to be.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Only the meek will inherit God's kingdom. New system good. Old system bad. Must be alot of people up there in heaven wishing they could be born again. Or maybe they are resting in the common grave being hell; waiting for Jehovah's time frame.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Actually, Most of the people in heaven are born again bleep, 
    with the exception of the OT Jews who by faith accepted the Comming Messiah in the 
    Old Covenant. ; Not born-again under new covenant = not saved. Youchoose which 
    covenant you want to be judged according to: Old covenant where you are judged according 
    to ALL the commandments, breaking one is the same as breaking them all the Bible says
     Or NEw Covenant: Christ. Accept him and his free gift of salvation and be judged 
    according to Grace. To reject the NEw Covenant means you will be judged by the old, 
    and no one measures up to the Law. ; We ALL fall short of the glory of God but can 
    have salvation in Jesus.
    You pick bleep. Seriosly, email me sometime to talk. <><Angie
  • Dutchie
    Dutchie

Jehovahs Witnesses believe that the "works" spoken of here is esentially field service, or going from door to door selling their literature. "Works" could also be defined as helping other people, giving to charities, clothing the poor, feeding the sick. But no. Witnesses narrowly believe that they can be saved selling literature.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Fetter

While I'm here I would also like to know about Eph 2:5,6. It seems to me they work like Trojans in order to attain a place in paradise
    Maybe by covering up things. I know it because my ex used to make me wear trojans whenever she did not wish to conceive.
  • borgfree
    borgfree

As someone pointed out to me, JWs believe:

Faith + Works = Salvation

A Christian knows the true salvation is:

Faith + Salvation = Works

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit