So if "parents are to blame for children leaving the truth", then STEP DOWN GB!

by stuckinarut2 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

GC: ... it's not a guidance or a law, just a comment taken out of the experience context.

Taking you at your word, the only reasonable response is this: you are naively ignorant as to how manipulation and propaganda work.

• wandasoo
    wandasoo

Hubby says our children are over 18 so the decision not to attend is on them. My children hated going to meetings, and when I left he never pushed them to go. At that time they were 16 and 11. Now both married and and living well. He has never said anything about his religion in front of them. So does this mean he is still responsible for them getting back to the hall. I told him one day you will have to answer to Jehovah for what you have done to them when they were still at home.

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

And what about Adam and Eve? Why is not Jehovah's fault for their rebellion. Perhaps somethin went wrong during his creation. I never could wrap my head around the Adam/Eve story. These people are sick! I keep thinking about my poor parents having to listen to this. MY mom was just crying to me recently how she feels she failed me. I tried to assure her that my not being a JW has nothing to do with her mothering. now she has to endure this nonsense!

• zeb
    zeb

my daughter left (as far as i know) because the 't' would have prevented her going to university. and for the way i was treated.

• Kalos
    Kalos

I know someone (my best friend) who sent something GB (to support GB’s own teaching about God’s name) yet discouraged him to do so in the future, and asked him to “concentrate on preaching.” This obviously a case of envy. GB did not want to have someone else to think better than them (as King Saul behaved with young David). This spark kindled by GB brought my friend out of “truth.” Now the question arises: Who is really responsible for this?

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

I also heard the condamnation spewing from AM III's pie-hole! GC is WRONG! It was not a simple experience, but as you and I both know a not very subtle way to condamn and put down any male not "serving". I ran that treadmill for over thiry years, "reaching out" and jumping through the hoops only to see eldurrs sons, eldurrs studies, etc. fast tracked to MS and eldurr. I finally told them "take this job and shove it!"

Amen to that! If it wasn't for that crap I would still be JW. You sometimes hear them say "we are all brothers" implying we are all on the same footing. Complete bullsh1t! See how equal you are when you criticize an elders family or call into question a decision. Joe unwashed publisher is a passive revenue stream to be ignored. Even the CO treats you like you have Ebola. They have more ranks and classes than an army.

• Balsam
    Balsam

WOW hope my ex-husband heard that talk. I left the JW's in part because he was so anal about it and both our surviving sons left the witness too. Hope he walked away from the talk feeling like shit because he is a big pile of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit