Are we approaching the Waco/Jonestown/Heaven's Gate finale?

by JimmyPage 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Large groups are being gathered to video screens to blatantly worship the Governing Body. This self-proclaimed Faithful Slave show no signs of softening their treatment of the flock. Their backs are against the wall and the legal world is turning against them in a big way. I worry about how this all ends.

• kaik
    kaik

Nope, the GB loved the attention and worship of 8 millions of suckers. The worship is what is giving them a reason and money is just little added bonus for very comfortable life. These people will never go the Waco way. Traveling all over the world, resting in best hotels, designer cloths. People like these see the death with sadness because they ave to leave it behind.

• zeb
    zeb

and it is the 25th Anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall; itself a product of another era where a people were called to 'worship' one individual.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Whereas it looks like the JWs are being led to the coolaid with things said in the watchtower(tm), I don't think there will be a mass suicide anytime soon.

The GB want power, worship and money. They are getting all of that and while that lasts they're killing no one. In any case what would happen to the real estate business with a scandal of that sort? That'd bring them to their knees qicker than you can say Anthony Morris the 3rd is evil.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good OP.

I tend to agree with punkofnice. Like a nasty virus, WTS will continue to mutate and survive - all so that GB-worship and donations can continue.

Hopefully the recent and future paedo lawsuits will bleed them dry and lead to lots of JWs waking up.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Like any parasite worth it's salt, they want to keep their their "host" just alive enough to live off of them.

• carla
    carla

Like any parasite worth it's salt, they want to keep their their "host" just alive enough to live off of them.-true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit