"Between the Lines" of the Branch Visit

by TTATTelder 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

There was nothing new nor interesting said at the 2014 zone visit
    other than 'the apostle Paul got stoned once.'

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Yeah, I thought the same thing about RTOs. Why in the world do they need to construct or renovate? There's so much commercial property out there that all they really need to do is lease small office space in various locations. Something fishy is going on with that.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

TTATT- Good points. Wonder if any elders will have the balls to stand up to this. It's just so wicked.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

@TTATT, atleast you're an elder......I cant believe to find an elder on here! Anyone not a MS is suspect!

• steve2
    steve2

If I had to sit through 3 hours of that, I'd also join the apostle Paul and get stoned. Far out, man.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Data-Dog - freaking hilarious!

OneEyedJoe - the GB resume comment was priceless!

Just sad to me that these money grubbing, corporate con artists fool so many people. It's not uncommon for non-profits to engage in money making activities. Just own up to it. Don't pretend you are building "much-needed" translation offices. Just say you are investing in real estate to support your work. The lies demand suspicion. People cover up when they have something to hide. Duh. This whole thing (the religion) is a dispicable scam.

Where is the financial transparency? Congregations have accounts reports. Why don't branch offices disclose their financial records? Where is the "Accounts Report" from Brooklyn? Again, people cover up when they have something to hide. Otherwise you would welcome inspection. These are not just private manueverings. This organization reeks of criminal activity.

It would not surprise me to find, upon a close investigation, that there is money laundering, indictment-level cover-ups regarding molestation and other crimes, misappropriation of funds, fraud, etc., etc.

If you think I am being irresponsible with these allegations, then I suggest this organization be more forthcoming with their financial dealings. When your books are secret you invite accusation.

I know that the combined donations from the box sent off to Brooklyn during this branch visit event may not bother people like it does me, but consider this:

Elderly sister so-and-so always gives 20.00 to the local contribution box each Sunday to help with the light bill, maintenance of the hall, etc. Well low-and-behold this weekend comes along that features a special branch visit broadcast and no normal Sunday meeting. So she gives her regular 20.00 donation to the local box as she would normally do on a typical Sunday. Now what happens? Did the sister support the local light bill like she intended? No. Without her permission or knowledge, her donation is taken and sent off to pay for who knows what in New York.

Again - for the umpteenth time - when people are straight they deal straight - when they cover up and deceive it means they have something to hide. Why didn't they just announce well in advance that all contributions regardless if local or WWW would be collected and sent to the branch in Brooklyn during this special event?

They had enough forethought to write a secret letter to the congregation elders about scooping the local donations. So why not have the forethought to make an announcemen alerting the "friends" about this?

The answer is obvious of course. They wanted not only the money put in the WWW box but also the additional funds taken in the local box for themselves. This is dishonest, greedy, and surely illegal since they are taking this local money on false pretense.

I really wish they would be taken down legally by the authorities and exposed for what they are.

Thanks for allowing my rant...

- TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit