A funny moment... lol

by hardtobeme 10 Replies latest jw friends

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

When the RNWT was released, we were invited to go to the local assembly hall.

There was a sister right next to me and she started bragging that it was her 8th year in an annual meeting. (Typical thing, all spiritual)

When was time to sing, I listened to her beautiful voice. But then I heard her say to her husband: "this man sings too ugly". As a matter of fact I do. As soon as I heard her say that, I turned around to her and I started singing louder.... LOL She was all pissed off, she couldn't go anywhere cause we were sitting in the middle of a row... LOL

I still remember that and I laugh imagining her face... LOL

What have you done on purpose to piss off someone?

• All for show
    All for show

My personality is to joke around typically...

At my last meeting, my sibling and I, sung the wrong words very loud...people were politely trying to show us the song number, then they saw we were on the right song. It took all I had not to bust up.

At the last song we added LORD loudly and deeply at the end of each sentence, verse...I dunno music vocabulary.

• apostrate
    apostrate

Something similar, many, many years ago. Back in the '70's when I was in my 20's. I was at at an assembly in Ft. Worth, TX. My friend was with me, he was kind of a "goof". Well, so was I actually.

Anyway, my friend came into the auditorium late, everyone was already singing the opening song. I think it was song number 65 or something like that. My friend says, "What song are we singing?"

My friend did not have a good singing voice. In fact, it was terrible, and he sang LOUD!

So, I started to tell him we were singing song number 65 when, all of a sudden, a voice in my head told me to tell him we were singing song number 66. It's on the very next page! Open the song book and you could see both songs.

So he begins singing, very loudly, the words to the wrong song! He was doing his darndest to make the words fit! It took every bit of effort that was within me to keep from laughing out loud! I was trying to keep the tears in my eyes!

By the time he realized what I had done the singing was over. He laughed, though. Then he threatened to kill me. Oh, if only I had a video of that moment in time!!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How do I piss off people at the hall?

I sit in the back row, then block my cell phone number, and subtly dial numbers of people in the hall! (I have pretty well everyone's number from when I was a popular and exemplary appointed man....)

Its really funny to hear phones ring out loud, then people dive into their bags to switch them off....then the flow on effect of seeing everyone else check their phones...

Ah, I know its childish...but it gives me a laugh.....

• HeyThere
    HeyThere
    Stuckinarut...omg that is wonderful!! If I have to step foot in the hall again I am so going to do that. 😅
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

I sit in the back row, then block my cell phone number, and subtly dial numbers of people in the hall! (I have pretty well everyone's number from when I was a popular and exemplary appointed man....)

Its really funny to hear phones ring out loud, then people dive into their bags to switch them off....then the flow on effect of seeing everyone else check their phones...

Ah, I know its childish...but it gives me a laugh.....

Love it.

• oppostate
    oppostate

A young brother who loved to sing loud, really loud, what he lacked in musicality he made up in volume.

Well in the old song that recounts all the things Jesus did he sang the next line "For this Christ was exhausted"

Several of us also young ones in front of him heard him loud and clear, he went on singing and we just about cracked up because the words should have been "for this Christ was exalted".

Ah, those were the days when it was thrilling to be asked to rove with the mics!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

And set by God on high

to be jehovahs agent

his name to sanctify

but humbly he descended and took the form of men

to vindicate je hoooooo vah

bring peace that will not end

ok, I think I just mashed up two, maybe 3 different verses there. But that's all I've got :)

• oppostate
    oppostate

@FayeDunaway

Wow, I'm definitely impressed!

It does make perfect sense that after all that Christ would be "exhausted", doesn't it? It was so funny!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

When I was about 20 and was responsible for adjusting the microphones on the platform we had a visiting speaker from Bethel, a good friend of mine. We also had a hall in which no one liked to sit in the front 3 rows. So it was just myself and another brother sitting front row. We had an empty chair between us and an empty row behind us. During the talk we started playing cards ... UNO.

The speaker did not know what to do. It took all of his might not to laugh. Must say not one of the better talks he gave. Can't remember who won the game though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit