how long will it take for the r&f to realise what this letter means?

by purrpurr 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Most of them at the hall will be half asleep as usual. And the letter is worded very cleverly it just barely skims and hints at what's to come with the halls being sold off. How many in the halls will realise what it means? And understand? And how many will start to awake up in response?

IVe already heard some Bros predict that soon the mags will be abandoned and they will be told just to direct people to the website. But those all sitting there asleep when will they realise that their lovely hall that they helped built is going to be grabbed by the GB and sold???

• stillin
    stillin

Who needs a Kingdom Hall when you can stay home and look at JW.org!

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

should i dial up and listen in on todays buisness meeting? but its 3 hours long becaue they are doing the sunday meeting too.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

wow, i just realized something, It seems like the big boys are jumping ship. sell off property invest someplace else?, getting out before they get sunk.

the only ones left will be the older in deep ones, the die hard believers, as the youger ones will stray, and the kingdom will be divided against itself.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How long is the corporate meeting?? Is it three hours in addition to a meeting?? Just have an effing convention!! Oh wait! Why do that when ignorant dubs will cram into a KH that doesn't need to be rented?

My feeling is that the biggest issue the GB will face is how to keep the money rolling in after they announce that Big conventions are done. They are already changing them. They cost money and so do Pedo cases. They will make dubs drive long hours to a KH or Ass Hall for a pre-recorded brain-washing session. The money problem will be solved by only printing a mag for special occasions. Everything else will be printed from home at the expense of the sheep. The GB will also beg for money to keep the TV station going.

DD

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think you're right purrpurr. JWs will not realise they KHs are being sold off for lawsuits. They will put up with inconvenience as they do with assemblies. They will resign themselves to the fact that they have to put up with hardship is because it is Satan's system.

Most JWs are sleeping but thankfully some are waking up. We have a few newbies here on JWN

Kate xx

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

How many in the halls will realise what it means? And understand? And how many will start to awake up in response?

I don't think it will matter to most of the r&f.

When it comes right down to it - they will still believe it is 'The Truth' and will sit it out thinking that, at least, they will be the ones that see 'paradise'. They will be secure in their 'knowledge' that they, at least, 'stayed faithful to the end'.

It won't even matter if the Watchtower Society crashes and burns...they will still be waiting on Jehovah.

Faithful to the end....playing their violins while the WTS burns.

People are basically selfish - the r&f, individually, will smugly think that..."ahhh....so it is ME that is the special one...I will survive....after all, the WTS are ONLY MEN...and Jehovah will fix things....and bless ME."

The WTS may fall...but there will always be those who need to believe they are special - and there will always be a cult that will be available for them to insulate themselves against real life.

• LV101
    LV101

Seriously - this sounds like it is a fire sale. I thought and read on another post today they have billions - just a corporation downsize. Might take them a long time to burn through all their loot.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

When I lived in out west, there was a "megahall" that was two levels high and served 5 congregations. Two full auditoriums complete with seperate entrances and their own secondary "schools". While it was quite new, it needed a A/V overhaul and a new roof. The congregations all took a pledge for $400k for the work.

A couple of months after the work was done, the Watchtower redrew the congregation boundries and one of the congregations was moved out of the hall into a small, old run down hall further away.

Oh, people were livid! They complained about the CO, the other elders, some of our elders were raising a riot about how unChristian it was, especially since they were reminded on how our congregation would still need to honor our pledge for donations for a hall we no longer attended. This was new for me, I hadn't ever seen elders openly speaking out against "mother".

I was smiling on the inside as I listened to these elders, wondering if the whole congregation would defect.

Fast forward a week and the first meeting in the new hall had the very same elder that was spitting venom a week earlier gave the opening talk about how blessed we were and how he had heard "grumblings" and that they had no place in Jehovah's organization.

jaw - floor.

This is how I expect it will play out. There will be outrage, followed by mass acceptance. They are sheep afterall.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow! So they were still responsible to pay for a hall they no longer attended?

Thats cheeky....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit