The biggest sell off of Kingdom Halls in Britain :Update

by raymond frantz 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bemused
    bemused

Interesting points above re the charity status. If each hall really is a separate independent charity in the UK it might be hard for the trustees (presumably the elders?) to justify transferring money elsewhere, although I guess it will depend on exactly what the trust deed says. No harm in dropping a line to the charity commissioners though to stir things up a bit.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

They are currently under investigation from charities commission in Britain for pedophilia cases handling.It is a good time to get in touch with the commission

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

raymond frantz, on another thread of yours I commented:

I'm curious about the full-time nature of the "construction servants" that will be involved with this. Do they not have outside sources of income? Who is supporting them? All of this seems to be increasing the control of the branches and by extention the GB. This would correspondingly increase their liablity in any legal issues.

It defies logic. I get the need for money and I understand they're control freaks, but they should be doing things to distance themselves from the "authority" of the local elders to further insulate their liability, especially concerning the endemic problem with pediphiles in the ranks.

We're missing something ....

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

There are definitely many pieces missing.The full time volunteers I guess will be like bethelites free labour only expense is only feeding them and give them pocket money works out cheaper

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hopefully the buyers will knock a few holes in the walls for windows to let in some light for a change.

• 88JM
    88JM

If it's anything like the full-time construction volunteers I know, they are total borg zombies. The couples I know either rent out their houses to other JWs (who might pick up their window cleaning business or something like that) while away on projects, or just sell up altogether and live out of suitcases. Some who have been in it for a while and get the "full-time status" get a modest stipend, but not much - certainly no more than a bethelite.

It's all very short-sighted though - keeping themselves afloat depends on the WTBTS giving them continuous assignment after assignment, but like many full-time volunteers once they have outlived their usefulness and no longer needed there is nothing to stop the borg dumping them out on the street at a moments notice.

They will then be in a position possibly without a house and unable to buy one because house prices have gone up in the mean time, while what little savings they had were sat doing nothing in the bank, and likely no pension either. They will also find themselves too old to start having children.

You think you're missing something but you're really not - these people are so deluded to devote their entire livelyhood to the WTBTS, even more than regular dubs. You'd have to be crazy, and they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit