Russian authorities nab Jehovah’s Witnesses for dumping waste

by objectivetruth 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

http://rapsinews.com/judicial_news/20141107/272536636.html

St. PETERSBURG, November 7 (RAPSI) – Environmental prosecutor’s office for St. Petersburg have uncovered violations by the Russian Jehovah’s Witnesses chapter, according to the statement issued by the prosecution on Friday.

The prosecutor’s office reports that the religious organization dumped waste in a creek that flows into the Gulf of Finland, in upstate St. Petersburg, without any permit.

The Neva-Ladoga water authority confirmed that in 2013, Jehovah’s Witnesses dumped more than 30 thousand cubic meters of waste into the creek. In 2014, authorities detected a rise in concentrations in ammonium lignosulphonate and fluoride, in violation of the “ On environmental protection” federal law and Water Code of Russian Federation.

The prosecutors have filed a lawsuit against dumping waste into the creek. Administrative cases were opened against the religious organization on the grounds of illegally occupying a body of water and violation of water security.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The WTBTS is fulfilling prophecy:

Prophecy 5. Ruining of the Earth

“[God will] bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”— REVELATION 11:18 .

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

That's just disgusting! Those morons probably think they are above the law. JW's have the superior attitude that they are better than worldly people, so screw anyone downstream of our toxic waste. The Watchtower saves money by not paying for proper harzardous waste permits and harzardous dumping sites & protocol.

Do a search here and you will see threads where the U.S. EPA caught the Watchtower doing illegal waste dumping in New York before.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Knowing the Russian govt's recent enmity toward JWs, I'm not fully convinced of the accuracy of the report. We cannot rule out the possibility of trumped up charges in this case. I take the report with a grain of salt.

• sporece
    sporece

So sad..being persecuted according to the watchtower for putting kingdom first.

• blondie
    blondie

Wasn't the WTS caught dumping waste by the Wallkill site?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Wasn't the WTS caught dumping waste by the Wallkill site?

Yes.

WT's polluting knows no bounds.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Knowing the Russian govt's recent enmity toward JWs, I'm not fully convinced of the accuracy of the report. We cannot rule out the possibility of trumped up charges in this case. I take the report with a grain of salt.

According to the website this is published on:

The Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI) was founded on Feb. 10, 2009 in coordination with the Russian Constitutional Court, Russian Supreme Court, Russian Supreme Commercial Court, and RIA Novosti. Due to the involvement of Russia’s highest courts, RAPSI is uniquely situated to provide its readers with exclusive information directly from the press services of courts of all levels and competencies.

I dunno....I will put my faith in this outside source long before I will hold onto the notion that the Watchtower brainwashed thinking is more accurate. The Watchtower Society has instilled the persecution complex so well in its followers and former members that it is sometimes hard to accept that trees do grow in the forest.

I think this report is accurate.

• designs
    designs

30 thousand cubic meters! What the heck was it an entire building?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Outside source? There is no such thing in today's Russia. The days of high hopes lasted for a decade or so, and then the country vanished into some sort of nationalist - orthodox-Christian - police-state type of nation, ruled by the Father in Cremlin, who used to be the Czar, then was Stalin, then was Brezhnew, then is Putin. The judicial system, acting as the government's prolonged arm, will do anything to stop the JW community, and since the European judicial system has halted its attempts at stopping them thru labelling them extremists etc., they now resort to fabricating stuff against them. I guess no country has ever been polluting its environment more than has Russia (for example Lake Aral), so this accussation is just ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit