A day at the convention.

by sparrowdown 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Excerpts from my old meeting notebook.

I think I identified what my problem was: attitude!

Morning session: Symposium, (something about God's will)

Pt 1: What is God's will?

*There are many Gods, including Justin Bieber (did he just call the biebster a god oohh..heeheehee audience giggles, this guy is hilar-i-ous!)

*blah, blah, blah

*why the hell is he using that scripture?

*No sorry, not writing that.

*Yawn, this guy's delivery is so ho-hum he's losing me, in fact get the crash cart out people he's losing her

she's going..going....and gone. Too late.

Pt2: God's Will for you

Faithful ones all over the world are helping with the translating work and are happy joy-joy.

SUBTEXT SPOILER ALERT - Get off your lazy asses, sell your belongings and move to serve

where our need is greater than yours.

After lunch

* this WT study is totally nonsensical

* Final Talk ( if only! promises, promises, no this not the final talk we will all be back tomorrow for more of the same)

These are just a few of the golden moments in time wasting brought to you by the WT corporation.

Don't applaud JUST THROW MONEY!

Oh dear, funny thing is, at that time I hadn't woken up yet. YIKES!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I meant I hadn't "woken up yet" as to TTATT, not that I was literally asleep at the convention

though that has happened too.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

zzzzz.....hey how did that bird get in the building..zzzz...what a boring speaker........wow that sister has tight dress........zzzzzz....where we going for dinner?........zzzzzzz.......ya da ya da yada....shorten up that prayer please!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That's funny B.

I suspect this type of irreverent notekeeping was the only thing that kept me from going postal.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's SO MUCH BETTER just not even attending!

Doc

• out4good3
    out4good3

that last time I went I had a great time pointing out to the wife how patronizing they were being.

She couldn't refute that they weren't.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, EVERYTHING we hear now just sounds so stupid!

I sit there at every meeting assembly convention and think "what? huh? are you kidding? oh come on!"

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like you didn't have the 'three H's' now did you sparrow?

What were they, humble, honest and I can't even remember the last one.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I used to take notes, because they said to....but I then noticed I would miss what they were talking about....I did this for a while, even have a book for conventions & assemblies...you know what is funny....I don't open up that book until I go to the next assembly/convention...&&& you know what else nobody does either...I said that one day...I said, I don't take too many notes if any because I toss it in the back of my car & don't open it up again...I think most of the friends to the same thing, some even admitted it....they said, yeah, that's true...sheepishly....most of them do it to look like they are really into being a witness.... or..so they won't go to sleep....it's all a show...look at me I'm a faithful witness, see me..I take notes...The whole world is a stage & everybody plays a part...

I people watch too...Look at that brother, he sure is goodlooking..bet ya he got on a ring...yep, he sure does...where she think she going in those high heels...why don't that mother leave the child alone..stop giving it so much water, so you can keep going back forth to the bathroom room, I know that trick...stop handing the child to your hubby, he ain't checking for you ro the baby...Yo Brother, I know you don't change diapers at home, why are you doing it here....

It's all a show....but it's fun to watch folks ...fall asleep...& some snore too...

Legacy

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Blah, blah, Blegh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit