What JW's are afraid of~

by kairos 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

college/university

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

By years of observation, I came to conclude that the most insidious and paralyzing fear JWs can have is...

...the suspicion that the Jehovah's Witness religion might be wrong, i.e. not really "The Truth".

x

It's deeply buried, never discussed, but always present (even if it's only subconscious), and IMO, the compulsion to make the JW religion right, no matter what...

...drives practically everthing loyal JWs do (whether they're aware of it or not), because the implications are otherwise simply too much to bear.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Very truth Vidiot. Sometimes I think that, as much as I know my wife is smarter than this, the sole idea of realizing how much they ignored her deceased father, would make her depressed to no end. To know she wasted a life with her father in the name of this lie, would probably kill her.

• LV101
    LV101

They cannot face reality and give up their fantasies of receiving their longings very soon, (because we want what we want), i.e., a perfect world, JUSTICE, pandas, no sickness, death, etc., etc. People remain in denial (it's a protection) and reality isn't for for the weak -- reality being shoved in someone's face is very serious business. Sometimes it's easier to just let people be until (and if) they can ever start peeling the layers slowly, methodically. Then it becomes another serious matter questioning the reality of God(s).

Their delusions and role in the cult make them feel elevated, better than the rest of society. It's a lot to give up no matter.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

THAT IT'S NOT GOD'S ORGANIZATION...& that's why the org. is fighting so hard regarding these scandals....they are afraid the friends will find out it's not God's org....they are more concerned over that then folks finding out that Jerusalem didn't fall in 607...

Legacy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Realising that everything they have devoted their life to has been for nothing!

• Reclaimer_117
    Reclaimer_117

Logic.

Seriously, most of them are cowards. When you have a conversation with them and they don't know how to defend their position, they typically resort to character assassination- "you just want to argue", "you need to be more humble", "you don't have the right heart-condition" etc.

Rather than have the fortitude to withstand critisicm and refine their arguments they run away and childishly attack your character.

• LV101
    LV101

It's very sad/stressful to know our loved ones are under the hypnotic effect of evil. Even mind boggling they are so enthralled with their delusions and to observe how content as clams they appear in the land of la la.

Cofty has a great line something about accepting evidence or reality - I can't quote it verbatim, but it's good. Always loved Bob Newhart's line, "I make a motion that we all accept reality." It's that denial thing that stands in the way of reality. Older psych books (as I recall) taught it wasn't a safe thing to shout out reality to a person in denial unless they're under proper care of a mental health professional. It's a process one has to go through - safely, naturally.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Grea comment Reclaimer_117!

And WELCOME to the forum! It is nice to have you here...

Indeed, Logic is the very thing that scares witnesses!

Imagine using ones brain to logically realise that there is no truth to all of the fairy tales witnesses beleive in....(ressurection, eternal life, bla blah)

• kairos
    kairos

These replies are excellent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit