Can a JW go home for Christmas ??

by Clambake 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clambake
    Clambake

So

JW love to make a big deal about Christmas but the reality is alot of people have time off work from Christmas to New Years. We like to go home. With me being an UBM does it become an issue within the cong ? I have made my opinion known to the elders if you ask personal question I will tell you to get fucked and I don't want you alone with my wife.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

There is no hard and fast rule, but lots of JWs are concerned about appearances.

If there are a lot of douche bag elders in your hall they may suspect your wife is secretly celebrating Xmas behind their backs.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i know losts of wittnesses that have off those days and extend thier 'vacation' and go home to see family, the thing is no one knows, becasue its no ones buisness. its a conscience thing . no one askes if you dont tell them your day to day buisness.

it might come up later , in conversation, that 'so n so' went on vacation because they had off work. down in south carolina apparently the congregations down there are vry secretive, a sister from up here in pa, moved there a few years ago, after her husband retired and she was telling my mom [who goes to her old hall], that its so strange in south carolina, people dont even tell you that anyone is sick! if she asks how someone husband or wife is doing they say fine and change the subject, which for the jws up here because there is gossip all the time, but good gossip mostly to help people out, but also bad of course.

so , you know, you dont need to tell anyone anything. if you dont show up for meeting no one should ask some one why werent there.

and btw i dont know what a ubm is. unbaptised man? lol.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

UBM=UnBelievingMate ?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I've always gone home for Christmas.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I remember one time having an argument with a witness and he was like “Why do families have to get to together only at Christmas, why can’t everyday be Christmas “. I told him it is because in the business working world families have limited time and it is a great time because most businesses are closed.

He was like “Oh, I never really thought of that “. We all know the real views of JWs on Christmas are more about trying place a wedge between you and your worldly family ( Allah I hate that word ).

Do JW do family reunions ?? I am guessing no.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

There are jw's that WON'T eat and some won't even buy, turkey around Thanksgiving, for someone may think they are celebrating it! And god forbid they visit non jw family!

Dwain

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

From what I have seen, jokehovians that go home for Christmas usually do so to be with family, and tend to spend the week out in field circus. And bothering those who are trying to enjoy their holidays, while the children end up with a dreary Christmas instead of a merry one.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I thought there was an unwritten rule that holiday witnessing was really rude. Aleast my wife thinks so.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My mom invited her sister for a family dinner on Thansgiving, not because it was a celebration of thanks for all the many things Americans are grateful for, but because she had off from work to toil over the meal. She explained her reasoning. Any day for a family meal but Thanksgiving. Maybe there was a spy fr the Witnesses across the street. Tall stories were told at the KH behind me. My aunt sincerely believed that a day off from work was secondary to maintaining her integrity.

We ate Thanksigiving dinner as a nuclear family, unafriad of slip of the tongues. My family was able to discuss our lives without disapproval.

If you live far away and no Witness espionage ring is present, how would anyone know what you did. If the elders follow you into the airport or follow you in a car, call the police and press charges for stalking and terrorism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit