newbie to site looking for fellow DF's and DA's (or anyone else who has good conversation to offer)

by eyefell4it2 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Welcome. You'll find all types of X-JW's here.

• eyefell4it2
    eyefell4it2

@Honesty

Thank you! And to answer your questions, I absolutely do not believe they have the truth. I have found that all religions have flaws but they are not all Evil. I found myself lost one time after going through a bad experience and making a hard decision, I was lost because I needed someone to speak to. Since I wasn't a JW, I went to a Catholic church (gasp) and went into a confessional. Let me just say that it was an extremely eye-opening experience. He did not condemn me for what I had done and even offered me some practical ways to recover from the trauma of that particular situation. I even occasionally attend Catholic services just because of that very thing. In fact, I go to the church to pray and love being surrounded by "sinners" who openly have a sanctuary to pray and reflect in. Had I been a JW, I would probably have committed suicide (I had a JW friend who did) as knowing my actions were not in line with their organization. Even though I think Catholics have some things wrong in their doctrine (and I am not judging them at all when I say that), just the response I recieved convinced me all my years of disliking and avoiding catholics had no merit. They offered me more in those 30 minutes than 20 years of JWs and the Borg ever did! I am even considering putting my daughter in a Catholic school if I ever have to change school systems because I feel at ease with them. I agree re the marriage thing as well. When I saw my husband for the first time, ANGELS SUNG in my heart. I u-turned my car and the rest is sweet history . I am so happy to not be a JW because I would undoubtedly be stuck in a loveless, sexless marriage. To boil this point even more, I briefly married my daughter's father (being pushed into it by my JW fam and his). He began physically abusing me, cheating, and even left me high and dry (he drained our acct and dipped!!!!) Broken, my father reccomended some elders come to see me for a shepharding call (he explained they could come to see DF'd JWS who expressed sincere repentance). What did they do? Try to force their mind numbing doctrine down my throat and even implied that if we come to the KH, all will get fixed and that I deserved what I got for leaving the Borg! I immediately sought counseling, divorced him (against the elder's advice but in line with my father's reccomendation) and have never looked back. Oh and they never even came or called to check on me despite my physical injuries requiring I go to a hospital!!! CRAZY is all I can re that situation. So glad my WORLDLY husband is the sweetest, most loving man I have ever been with and he even puts up with the subtle watchtower placements my parents send and the nauseating meetings we attend from time to time. All he asks is I never re-join and he knows I never will. But he puts on a happy face to deal with the farce that is the JW.org soul-draining BORG!!!!! The first time I took him to a meeting, the audacity and desperation of all the single JW women showed as they approached him and tried to encourage him to study, all the while ignoring me as if I wasn't there. We still laugh about it just knowing they wanted to suck him into the cong and away from his "loose" fiancee! He put his arm around me and left. My parents have been married for a LONG TIME but I think deep down, my father has his doubts and wishes my mom wasn't so stuck in it (He was the one who resisted shunning me when she tried to enforce it!!!!). I know he truly loves her because he would have dipped and left the craziness when they DF'd me. But thankfully he never had to choose as I have never shown disrespect to the JW religion or him. Sorry that was so long, just had to vent a bit!

@Flipper and Brainfloss-- Thank you so much and I feel so happy now knowing I have a safe place to vent and question things with an understanding crowd and I look forward to inputting more!

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Not DF or DA.....im actually an active 'publisher' (even though I never published anything a day in my life) but welcome!

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Eyefell,

Say you just found this site this weekend? Welcome! You will find it comforting as you read about many who have gone through common things as we exited Wally World. I left about 15 years ago and haven't looked back. The best advice I received during my exit is that what JWs teach and indoctrinate has no bearing whatsoever to reality.

• eyefell4it2
    eyefell4it2

@BigMac Greetings! I find it astonishing that so many JWs worldwide have the same thoughts, issues and concerns regarding JWs. I also find it refreshing we can all meet here! Thank you for your welcome

@AlwaysBusy Thank you for responding! I feel horrible that you and your family had to experience that and I hope this forum has helped you in your healing. I am happy to be able to speak to you and I wish you and your family the best. It is shocking to me they had the gall to DF you! I hate the hypocrisy and the "org before individual" mentality it promotes. They have done so much damage to people emotionally over the years and I suffered from depression for years. It does help to have like minds to speak to without feeling as though you are being condemed for your feelings.

@BlackFalcon are you active because you want to be, have to be or other reasons? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to). I know the world publisher is misleading as those who actually publish the rubbish probably don't believe any of it and yet you are expected to peddle it to someone with your full support without questioning it.

• scary21
    scary21

Welcome ! I was a born in ( 3rd gen. ) never baptized, but still lived in guilt and fear for many years. Always had a wild side, so I was never going to fit in with the real JW's . Got pregnant by and then married a guy I met at an assembly. He was a big cheater. I have a great (Catholic ) husband now. After many years of going to Catholic weddings, I feel very comfortable there but I am done with religion..lol

I live in Mississippi, close to Memphis now, but I am from Detroit. So happy you are here....

Sherry

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Ifell4it2 from australia ,

wer`e like a locust plague to the Borg.we are everywhere .I have been out 20 years and only a couple of years ago I DF them by sending in a DA letter to my former cong.and I felt great about it. Look forward to seeing more of your posts.

smiddy

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Hey Eyefall, I never lived in Bama land, but did live in all three states around Bama, and have friends scattered around there, most being in the north west part if the state. I am still in, but just until i can figure out what to do, to get totally out!

I am cherring for you!

Dwain

• kokyong.soon3
    kokyong.soon3

hi eyefell4it2

i know that the jw isn't the truth but i am too codependent to leave the org

• eyefell4it2
    eyefell4it2

Greetings again!

I appreciate all of the support everyone has shown and thank you guys! One thing I have found particularly interesting is the Bethel llife forums. I used to want to go to Bethel but when I went to visit it felt like everyone was a like an Android or something. Fake smiles and all. Fortunately I didn't go that route and I am so glad I didn't.

To those that have read the forums about Bethel, what did you find most interesting or shocking?

For me it was the hint about homosexuality and partner swapping that occurred. I often wondered how a group of single men coped with no women or how married couples truly interacted and I am happy to know they are still human with fleshly desires just like the rest of us but saddened that they feel so repressed by the Org that they hide their true selves or even engage in behaviors out of frustration because they can't know themselves. Wasn't sure if I had to start a new topic to get that question answered but I just wanted to put it out there. Anyone else's comments on that matter are certainly welcomed and appreciated!

@Scary21 I completely understand the whole born in thing and I often find those born-in have a harder time adjusting to life outside the Org than those who weren't born in. Its almost like a rebirth of sorts, so liberating when you feel free enough to celebrate holidays or go to other churches and find the Demons and Satan don't swallow you up or God doesn't smite you with Fire like you were taught to feel about those things! Thank you for making me feel so welcome!

@Koky.soon3 I completely understand that co-dependent feeling. If you ever want to talk, I am here. I won't judge or try to force you to leave because we each must be responsible for our own self. Private message me if you wanna chat!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit