Those who vote, do you stay loyal to your party?

by EndofMysteries 15 Replies latest social current

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I was ready to vote today but I found out I had to be registered 30 days in advance, I missed the mark by 4 days.

Anyway, even though I selected a party, I was on quite a few votes going to vote for other parties.

Here is why, I was looking up the websites of each candidate. Some of the candidates under 'issues' had detailed and specific stances they took and things they were going to pursue. Some of the candidates were super vague, for example for schooling, "It's important for kids to get good schooling and for teachers to have every resource they need." For healthcare, "Common sense should be used by the state in healthcare options. Everybody should be able to choose their doctors."

No wonder there are so many problems in this government. I guess if I was able to be the primary candidate for a state Democratic or Republic, I would get most of the votes of that party if I just say, "Everybody should be able to be happy, schools should be able to teach children, roads should be safe to drive on, the world should be perfect, etc. I'm not going to say what I plan to do to make any of these things happen but I'm just going to say that things should be nice, so vote for me!"

It must work or candidates wouldn't be so vague. If I voted for any of those people, it would merely have been, "o you're Republican/Democrat,etc, I don't care what you do or don't do, just because of your party I'm voting for you!"

Since I've never voted though, I was wondering do most stick to their party or do many look at the people and vote out of their party if they don't like their party candidate?

• Honesty
    Honesty

I vote for the person based on his stand on issues and programs.

I have crossed party lines quite a few times in the last 10 years.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I won't judge a candidate based on a voting record or a platform. I look for the most intelligent and capable candidate, regardless of party.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am beginning to think that Party Whips are death to democracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whip_(politics)

Change is coming to the democratic process. Direct democracy is coming.

http://www.ted.com/talks/alessandra_orofino_it_s_our_city_let_s_fix_it

http://www.ted.com/talks/pia_mancini_how_to_upgrade_democracy_for_the_internet_era

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I vote on the basis of certain issues, such as choice, civil rights and liberties, environmental record, foreign policy, etc. When I first left the Witnesses, the Viet Nam War was ongoing. I became involved in the peace movement so I chose the dissident wing of the Democratic Party. We took over the party in time. My party identification is secondary to my issue involvement. I majored in Political Science and wanted to work in campaigns as a professional. My present activities include fund raising and volunteer work. If you are a former Witness, you are a natural for canvas work. Also, I volunteer in Voter Integrity projects. Election Day usually finds me making certain that the laws and spirit of the law are enforced. So far it has been boring work. Well, I used to live in a working class ethnic enclave and found my former teachers in a physical fights in the polling place. Those were the days of excitement!

I have no qualms about cornering a politician and effectively telling him/her that I donated money and time and if they vote a certain way, there will be consequences. The campaign slogans drive me crazy. Ed Rendell, an articulate governor of PA-Democrat, ads parroted that he wanted "to move PA forward." I still have no clue what that means.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am not registered to a party, I tend to vote Democratic, but I vote based on the individual and do not hesitate to vote republican if it's the better candidate.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I stay loyal to my party. I am an independent and vote my pocket book. Which does make me appear to be pro a certain party. The party that the economy and stock market prospers under Which in my life is the democrat party. But I study the issues and the candidates and vote for those who best protect and prosper my pocket book.

• designs
    designs

Voted for the Democrat ticket in California plus ballot issues for water conservation and use and ACA measures.

• race andros
    race andros

There is no two party system, yet another delusion. Y'all need to keep reading. This very same power structure also set up mormons/jw to divide and conquer.

• designs
    designs

race- Don't throw in the towel on Voting, you can make a difference. People died in this country for the right to cast the Vote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit