The PURE Language - Finaly

by Ish Elon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Don't feed the trolls.....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The story of King Josiah finding the Book of Moses is one concocted by the Priestly writers who returned from Babylon to give their version of "Scripture" a seeming authenticity.

Should any very early Scrolls be found they would be dependent on the writings of those priestly Scribes who had one BIG agenda, namely to bring about Monotheism in their new republic.

It is highly unlikely in my opinion that we shall find anything much older than the 2nd Century B.C stuff that we have in manuscript/scroll form. Vellum and Parchment degrade quickly in all but special circumstances.

A clay tablet may be found that sheds more light on the subject, but who knows if and when ?

It is my humble opinion that any early version of Hebrew scripture/belief that may be found would have more resemblance to the writings found at Ugarit than to the Pentateuch etc that we know today.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well folks. I've trawled google and can't find anything.....not a jot....naff all.

I think this thread is trollish if not totally delusional.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Obves, is that you again? I swear, between this one and Ocean111 it's like an old-time psych ward around here.

If you hear voices, I suggest you seek professional help. God is not talking or directing you out over the Governing Body, the Pope, or anyone else. You are delusional.

Thorazine, anyone?

- Wing Commander

• DJS
    DJS

WingCommander,

Ditto re: Oceans. He narcissistically drones on and on and on and on and on. And on. And I can't ever tell WTF he is even talking about, other than loving the sound of his own voice. At least Oceans ocasionally phrases his narcissistic meanderings as opinions, which spares him of (some) of our ridicule. But then Ish Elon keeps his delusional pontifications to a paragraph or two, sparing us the pain and agony. Decisions, decisions.

• pixel
    pixel

?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Who knows how many scribal errors the book we call 'the bible' contains?

I think Bart Ehrman said thousands.

• kaik
    kaik

Some ex-JWs feels that they have extra special fifht-sixth-9 x sence that allows them to communicate with God, and have find meaning in the Bible and its prophecies; and are on mission to spread out their dellusions. Some of the started "speak languages" and do rain dances.

I would be interested to read the old scroll for a personal interest, as I have read Homer, Ovid, or Jordanes, but nothing more.

• Ish Elon
    Ish Elon

It is written:

"What good can come out of Galilee of the nations?" This was asked by one of Jesus apostles.

Soon you will see....

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Would this be anything to do with what Ish is talking about? https://archive.org/stream/agazetteeroldan00flemgoog/agazetteeroldan00flemgoog_djvu.txt

I am pretty sure we have better explanations of who wrote the bible... rather than "Moses"... try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible#Genesis.2C_Exodus.2C_Leviticus_and_Numbers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit