Need some input: Wife refuses to respect what I believe

by goingthruthemotions 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

I had a rough time with my wife last week. I guess I started the fight by telling her that her love is conditional. ( and the fight started)

I guess in reality this fight started because I don't agree with the shunning practice. she has a sister that is DA'd and she still talks with her...but she is in cognitive dissonance paradise. I guess trying to come to terms with this practice. showing me scripture why the WT DF's people.

I explained to her that the 1 corthians scripture list's reasons not to associate with a person, and DA'ing is not one of them. And my point of view is Jesus taught love and it is not for us to judge.

BTW: i told her to look up cognitive dissonance....she came back and said FUCK YOU!!!! (excuse my language) ( we say the F word freely sometimes)

She doesn't see it that way....as 90% of JW brainwashed people are taught to shun and run.

i told her that i don't want our boys to get baptized and that getting us started in the religion was a big mistake and i am sorry i did it because it may be the ultimate ruin of our marriage as so many other people experience from this cult!!!!!!

I told her that if she decided to get DF's or DA'd or her mind changed about the borg, that i would love her the same. and if the boy were to get baptized (Jesus Forbid) and something happened, I would not shun them. I told her i would take a bullet for each of them and my love is deeper than anything she could imagine for my family.

well anyways.....we made up after a couple of days. keep in mind she knows how i feel and that i love her and our boys more than the BORG.

we were at the store and she told me she loves me and i told her i love her. and she said but we still have issues to figure out.

and i said " well lets agree that we disagree on some topics and our marriage is most important. but she said we should be on the same page about what we believe. I said we are all individual human and deserve the right to believe what we want to believe without prejudice." and left it at that.

The BORG really has it's members messed up. B.I.T.E model mind control.

I FREAKING HATE THIS CULT!!!!!!!!!!!

GTTM

• Raton
    Raton

I see similarities with my wife. She tried to discuss things with me and told me to prove the things I said only using the WT. That was easy, so I did. I then got to see cognitive dissonance up close as she now gets very mad talking about those things, told me just to stop, and said she will divorce me if I bring up one more thing. The only good that came our recent issues is that she will not try to take my daughter to the hall. She will however take the boys(hers that I also adopted). I am confident they will see how the other half of the family does things and will not get to deep themselves. I have found out through other people that she is now finding other ways to leave or to at least get a group behind her that will support her if she does. We will see though, there is alot happening right now in my household and things may still turn out alright. I have hope for you and your family since she at least will still talk to you about it.

I can no longer describe the way I feel about this cult.

Good Luck

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If you trigger her cult personality, its best just to walk away, you will get absolutely nowhere.

Read Hassan's books about the natural personality and cult side, know exactly who you are dealing with at all times, and use questions instead of statements any time you are working to get them to think.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i think if she says fuck you youre half way there.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Interesting relationship

• out4good3
    out4good3

she came back and said F U

That is not practicing the fruitages of the spirit........

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

it is an itersesting relationship....we have been together for a very long time and most of it was as non witness..celebrating holidays and living life.

GTTM

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

we have been together for a very long time and most of it was as non witness..celebrating holidays and living life.

What keeps the 2 of you from just leaving the cult? Is there other JW family members? You are posting here, don't want your kids baptized, and obviously have figured out the religion is a sham. Your wife doesn't sound like an uber-dub. Just walk away and get back to enjoying life. Your non-witness family I'm sure would love that.

• KateWild
    KateWild

You have made a move and told her what you believe, now the hurdle is that she thinks you should both believe the same. Once she reads CoC she will believe the same as you. It really is the book that wakes most people up properly.

There are lots of different ways you can get her to read it. You can take all the kids somewhere for the weekend and leave her in peace to read it. A poster on here took his kids to the assembly and his wife read the whole book and woke up to TTATT.

Show her why you believe as you do now, I think you are very close to waking her up especially if she is using bad language.

Kate xx

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Picking fights with JWs is a losing ticket. Remember: Happy wife, happy life!

GC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit