Beard to hall

by Blackfalcon98 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

but in my city I know of three bearded servants, and at least a dozen brothers that don't give a rat's chuff about the stigma attached to facial hair.

I have seen tracts and depictions from the WTBTS of Jesus Christ sporting the most amazing beard!

Then in other publications we hear things like "Christlike Personality" and "become imitators of Christ".

Perhaps the blatant ironies are becoming too difficult for some brothers to bear.

Check out the WTBTS images in this link:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=JW.+ORG+How+do+you+view+Jesus&biw=1185&bih=656&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=q4tWVIqGKoaYyAT3t4LgAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw

abe

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

One MS just said: "You gotta little dirt down there"

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I guess if dancing to Footloose on the platform is acceptable nowdays, then a human normal thing like beards are acceptable now.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

So that was it? One ms commented on it?

• oppostate
    oppostate

Even if not said, even if only thought, the inner perception of most JW's would be to raise a flag of concern and distrust that a person known as a "brother" has whiskers without an obvious excuse like a skin problem. Facial hair is a branding of "BA", bad attitude.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In the sixties I grew a goatee which was tolerated for a short time and then I was pressured to take it off.

A couple of times in the seventies I grew a neatly trimmed beard which was then also tolerated for a time until I took it off.

In the eighties I saw the light and became a MS , no beard .

In the early 90`s I left this religion and have sported a beard ever since .

No , not as an act of rebellion , but something I have always thought as being natural for a man to have a beard.

I had always thought it was unnatural to shave off what I beleived God originally purposed for man to have a beard .

And wasnt this a requirement for men in the hebrew Scriptures ( O-T ) / to have a well trimmed beard ? Didnt Jesus have one ? And his disciples ?

Since leaving the cult I have sported a beard for the last 20 or so years , the G.B. the Elders etc. , can follow the Roman/Greek tradition of being clean shaven however I choose to follow the bible and have a well trimmed beard.

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Here in Australia, novemebr is "mo-vember" which is a charity driven campaign designed to highlight the issue of prostate cancer.

So, men are wearing mustaches, and beards and taking up charity collections etc.

The business community really gets behind it.

Imagine if a witness did that! They would be "hung" for wearing "rebellious facial hair as well as supporting a charity of this wicked world!"

Stupid stupid cult......

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

B98 -One MS just said: "You gotta little dirt down there"

What did you reply?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

One MS just said: "You gotta little dirt down there"

My reply would have been: "It's not nearly as little as what you've got dangling down there."

- Wing Commander

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

@punkofnice, I laughed it off. He is significantly older than me, and just a MS....no need to explain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit