Has anyone actually read the study wt for sun nov 2nd????!!!

by stuckinarut2 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great comment joe!

Yes indeed.....

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

we read. It just so rediculosly written. Think it is meant for pre school kids.

• tiki
    tiki

"true religion" is an oxymoron. that's it in a nutshell.

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

WT uses identifying points "from the Bible" to show people they have the truth. But these are points that THEY have chosen. Any Christan group can choose points from the Bible that they are practicing and say "see, we are the true Christians". Jesus said that we should help the poor, orphans, and widows; well there are alot of Christian organizations that have elaborate programs that do just that. But JW's dont,and they will tell you it's because it's just putting a bandaid on the problem. However Jesus taught his followers to do it ,so JW's must not be the truth.

The point is, dont get fooled into there list of identifying features of true Christianity. It is THEIR list, not the Bibles. The only points I can think of that Jesus said would specifically identify his followers is the love they had for eachother (John 13:34), and the good fruits they produce (Matt.7:16). Of the first point, it is absurd for a JW to assume that they are the only Christian group that has Christlike love,as if other Christian organizations can't figure this out and apply it. I have heard of some churches not having this love and some definitely having it as well as KHs' having it and definitely not having it.

On the second point, there are many churches producing good Christian fruitage. The problem is that JW's can only listen to WT's descriptions of the churches, which are always negative. But the truth of the matter is many churches worldwide are living up to their identity in Christ.

• factfinder
    factfinder

tiki- you posted what I always say LOL!

Yes, "True Religion" is an oxymoron!

And yes, the wts acts as if it owns the word "truth". I agree-nobody can own the truth or lose it or leave it or come into it. Its cultspeak!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

my mom told me yesterday, 'you need to read this weeks study article, its shows us how to know if we have the truth.'

and so I GUESS I better humor her, and have a laugh myself, better arm myself with two highlighters, and a note book, and some tylenol...

SOWHATNOW "Let me guess Mom....the article uses unprovable reasonings and connect the dot scriptures that lead the reader to conclude theirs is the true religion...right? "

• BU2B
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere

Sowhatnow, you may need something stronger than Tylenol

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In paragraph 2: “By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35)

We don't go to war, but if you disagree with us we'll shun you and treat you as if you're dead. This is how we know that WE have "the truth." Isn't that a loving provision from Jehovah?

• Island Man
    Island Man

How do you spell "hypocrites"?

W A T C H T O W E R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit