NOT on JW.ORG: A.P. and International Press break stories about rampant child abuse by Jehovah's Witnesses MINISTERS and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Cover-ups.

by Balaamsass2 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

.......whose firm negotiated more than $200 million in settlements in Catholic abuse cases. “At least they said ‘mea culpa.’” [accepted blame] The Jehovah’s Witnesses have not, he said.

“These guys will deny and deny, they are belligerent, they are arrogant, they treat victims as adversaries,” Zalkin said. “This is not an organization that is ready to accept the reality of what they have been doing.”

That is damning ! The whole story is apalling. My faithful family will accept that these things happen , but maintain that they are the few bad apples and odd rogue or incompetant bodies of elders. I used to say that too. It took quite a lot for me to accept that there really is a problem, but it is uneniable now, if one reads the accounts.

No wonder they want all the money !

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

In order to fairly describe the word "rampant," one must compare the meritorious claims against other religious bodies to understand if the Witnesses have rampant child sexual abuse. I suspect they may be in a higher incident category b/c of the deference to brothers and the lack of sophistication of members. Other religions also share these traits. Merely filing a law suit complaint is not an indicator of the underlying merits. One would need to check settlement patterns and actual awards after full trials. The two witness rule should find New Light.

Rather than announcing "rampant" abuse here, why don't you see if your state has a mandatory clergy reporting law? If not, get in touch with legislators and demand it. Meet with local prosecutors and women's groups to monitor its enforcement. Tell the locals about theocratic warfare. Is the WT abuse rampant? There is no evidence for it. It may be. Casting the situation as rampant is untoward.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Well BOR, for how many years were you a baptised JW in a position to know WHO the child molesters were? How many years ago was that?

Having served as an Elder in a number of halls in a number of States I can assure you that a couple of Pedos per hall I was in, with Multiple victims the problem appeared RAMPANT to me....especially when I would get stonewalled by WTBTS. The recent multitude of Child abuse headlines seems to reflect my personal experience.

I suggest you volunteer your "Expert"services to Watchtower, they are no doubt needing extra help this year.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

BOTR, To imply that the lawsuits don't necessarily have merrit is unfair. What JW parent would sue a "brother" knowing that to do so means automatic DFing? They loose any and all standing in the congregation and often the support of their own families. The people who bring these suits are looking for CHANGE IN Watchtower POLICY as much as compenation.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

“What people have to understand, is the sexual abuse of a child, especially a very young child, is one of the most damaging injuries you can inflict on a human being. It has latent consequence. We know and studies, multiple studies, have shown it impacts the brain, and brain function, especially the frontal lobe functions, our executive functions, such that they grow up without a clear understanding of boundaries. They have internalized the anger and the shame and the humiliation. It causes them in their younger lives to act out and to get themselves into trouble and anti social behaviors. They end up, most of them, being substance abusers because that’s how they cope with the internal pain they feel constantly and the angst. They have post traumatic stress disorder, most of them. They visit, they see images of this at different times in their lives. They have difficulties committing to personal relationships because of lack of trust and a sense of betrayal. I mean, what happens to kids when they are sexually abuse is unconscionable, it is unconscionable, and for anyone to think that dollars, even millions of dollars, somehow is a “windfall” in exchange for what they suffered, has no concept of the harm that’s been done.”

Irwin Zalkin- Clergy Abuse Attorney:

In response to those who think Watchtower sex abuse survivors are looking for money.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

You would think with all the abuse lawsuits a good attorney might suggest a different photo opportunity for WTBTS. Just my 2 cents.....

• smiddy
    smiddy

Balaamsass2

Hopefully the 1120 people who have veiwed this post send it on elsewhere.

smiddy

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

.......and BOTR thinks she should be paid for the invaluable insight she brings to this board...

• DATA-DOG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit