If Halloween, Christmas, Birthdays, Thanksgiving became all of a sudden acceptable, would you be ready to join up?

by Quarterback 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

How fast do you think the WT would grow if all these celebrations were no longer an issue?

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Would I go back to the Borg if they began celebrating all the stuff they don't celebrate?

One word answer, NOPE!!!

Why, you may ask. Two reasons:

1. I cannot cope with yet another change of beliefs.

2. I would also need to see many other changes, which I could cope with such as, attitude to the aged, sexual abuse policies, more tolerance of constructive criticism and pleeeeeeeease an explanation of the group 1 and group 2 of the 1914 generation (scriptural of course) which doesn't make me laugh uncontrollably.

• kaik
    kaik

I dont care about Xmas and BD. I like Halloween and other holidays like Easter. And I would not return to the KH and the Borg. It is cult and false, twisted religion that destroyed lives of many.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I think it would be more determental than beneficial for them. The "we are different than everyone else" card is their biggest theological position. The more they become like other religions, the less they can play that card.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Even if the JWs decided to start allowing Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc it still wouldn't change this fact: They are an EVIL CULT that salivates at the thought of Jehovah slaughtering billions of innocent people, including newborns, at Armageddon. They are really no better than Nazis in my opinion. Monsters, really.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

About as fast as it is now because the growth is mainly from born ins. The difference might be that slightly less leave when they get older.

• Heaven
    Heaven

No. It is a sad statement to knowingly commit your life to a folly.

• J.C.
    J.C.

There are a few things that are correct. These celebrations that seem and are fun. Mostly designed to take your money. The Borg misses out on other major issues and fall short of claiming to be Gods Org.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They're almost there now. The only things that make them different any more from any otther mainstream church is that they shun dissenters and those that accept blood transfusions.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What? And no longer be rendered ineligible to go on some idiotic two-week mission of damnation to the whole human race, in Israel to boot, for simply putting up a great big Christmas tree?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit