Is it possible to use this thread to compile watchtowers Armageddon illustrations

by jambon1 44 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
  • betterdaze
  • betterdaze
  • betterdaze
  • betterdaze
  • betterdaze
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

INTERESTING. A lot of these are new to me, published since we left. I am so happy my children have been spared these pictures. I remember we had a copy of that orange colored paradise book in my room growing up, before the bible stories book came out. I Used to stay on that picture of those people falling down that chasm.

They don't promote fear? Fear is their only constant. Cars and clothing and hair styles changed with the times, so that their 'the world is ending!! You better join us, or else!!' cry doesn't look as outdated as it is. But the fear is always there.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Thank you OrphanCrow for that pic. I remembered it but didn't know where it could be found. Here is a crop of one part of it, which appears to be designed to scare small children.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good thread! Can I ask a favour? Would anyone posting a picture also include the date and publication?

betterdaze, I recognised none of your illustrations. Are they really all Watchtower artwork?

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    nicolaou

Good thread! Can I ask a favour? Would anyone posting a picture also include the date and publication?

betterdaze, I recognised none of your illustrations. Are they really all Watchtower artwork?

I recognize all but one (probably a newer one; I've been out four years now) of betterdaze's illustrations as WT artwork. Citations would be helpful.

I'm traveling now, so I can't post any illustrations. Maybe someone can post the flood scene from My Book of Bible Stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit