How to Bewilder a Witness!

by The Searcher 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Ask a Witness what seems like a simple Bible question: "Nine verses in the Bible tell us that Jesus is going to judge the living and the dead. (John 5:28,29, Acts 10:42, Acts 17:31, Romans 14:9, 2 Cor. 5:10, 2 Tim. 4:1, 1 Pet. 4:5, Rev. 11:18 & 20:12.

So who exactly are the dead whom he is going to judge?".

They should say something which refers to dead people.

Which should then be countered with,"But you/we believe & teach that no one can be judged for their past sins, (based on Romans 6:7) so who exactly are the dead whom Jesus has to judge? Round in circles!!

Since anyone who dies during the 1000 year reign does not get a resurrection, it cannot include them.

Jesus is supposed to judge the dead, but the dead are acquitted of their sins when they die, so how can Jesus judge them?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Oh you don't understand what is meant by "the dead", what that means is the resurrected ones, Armageddon survivors have never been dead. The resurrected ones will be judged on how they act during the 1000 years."

I can imagine a JW coming out with some such unashamed eisegesis as the above, but then get them to read your 9 scriptures again. What those verses say is plain, not hidden.

• Raton
    Raton

I am getting used to hearing, "it's not literal". Seems to be a good reply when they don't have a clue.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wait on Jehovah(tm)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Another point: Who does the GB say belong to "the rest of the dead"?? When do the GB claim that resurrection takes place? What does the Bible say?? Which one is right???

STFU and be blessed!

DD

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

If they have payed attention and studied wt info, the dead are brought back to life, and judged on the way they behave from that point forward! I have had that understanding all my life!

Dwain

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Witnesses' elephant in the room is the Org's teaching of Romans 6:7, that a person's own death wipes out/acquits them of all their sins.

So Jesus has absolutely no right to judge anyone who has died - according to Brooklyn!

• designs
    designs

Don't mess with Zombies

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What Dwain said, I cannot see the problem Searcher. At least with Rom 6v7.

If you wish to bewilder a JW as your Thread Title says, there are easier ways of doing it, get them to explain overlapping generations, or 1914 etc etc.

You soon get the "I'll have to go away and research that" excuse, and then you'll never see that particular JW again.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The Witnesses' elephant in the room is the Org's teaching of Romans 6:7, that a person's own death wipes out/acquits them of all their sins.

Doesn't this really nullify the need for Jesus' ransom sacrifice in the first place?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit